Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jooooshy)
    30.2K average
    Is this the average graduate salary or the uk average?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casprules)
    Is this the average graduate salary or the uk average?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For my course and uni. Should have specified, sorry

ReputationRep:
    What's your course and uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's the course/uni? Does that only include people who go on to work in the same area as study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    What's the course/uni? Does that only include people who go on to work in the same area as study?
    I'm not sure.. Probably not, since quite a few graduates jump straight into finance!

http://university.which.co.uk/univer...000-g400-58900

I'm not sure how reliable it is

ReputationRep:
    No wonder! You go oxford! Xd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    23k probably.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want at least 50,000pounds to live in Britain, with everything being so much more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 30k is great under the age of 30ish but after that to live a decent lifestyle about 70k, although I know most people don't achieve this (can always dream)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say around 55k+ if you're with a partner, combining your salary together
    30k solo

ReputationRep:
    Decent - 25k
    Good - 35k
    Anything over 50 is really good imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiva300)
    I'd say 30k is great under the age of 30ish but after that to live a decent lifestyle about 70k, although I know most people don't achieve this (can always dream)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldnt condsider 30k as great. Decent.. but not great.

70k however is fantastic, assuming youre smart enough the reduce the tax liability!

ReputationRep:
    I earn a lot less than 30k and have loads of money to blow. How are people struggling to live on 25k?...oh yeah most people are total morons with money. Lets work it out for someone who earns 20k and doesn't live in London. Take home is £1368.22

My outgoings

£360 for room in a houseshare....Nice area, huge room, all bills included.

That now leaves £1000 to survive on in a month.

Phone = £26 a month
    Gym = £28 a month
    Use bike to travel everywhere = pretty much free

Food is the weird one...I basically have pub lunches everyday so costs me more than it should, so £25-£30 at the supermaket a week and then £20 for lunch at work. Lets give myself £190 a month.

Clothes - non are branded or really expensive apart from my leather jackets...£100 a month.

-£344 from the £1000...still leaves me over £600 to blow on non essentials. Which does leave me with £150 to blow a week on going out...at the moment if I go out and don't blow over £100 I am happy(usually close to it). Most of you will think that is crazy, but think I should be able to barely survive on what I am on.

Granted I have no mortgage, don't plan on saving for one and have no pension....but I think I have just accepted I will die when I am in my 60's and will take loads of drugs, steroids(in the future) and alcohol. Well that is the current plan, no doubt a women and a child will ruin that and give me a purpose.

ReputationRep:
    In for comments of where TSR members need to have an apartment on their own because they're socially inept and means their outgoings for that suddenly becomes £1000!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnsamuels)
    How do people on minimum wage live? they earn £12300 a year, after tax thats £11200, thats just over £930 a month.

With extreme difficulty! Why do you think there's benefit fraud and crime in this country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Sinister)
    Granted I have no mortgage, don't plan on saving for one and have no pension...
    Wish you'd have put that at the start of the post so I could then ignore anything further

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeshu)
    With extreme difficulty! Why do you think there's benefit fraud and crime in this country!
    Because people are criminals. Dont try and excuse crime by a 'low' minimum wage.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people on here are going to be very disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    I think a lot of people on here are going to be very disappointed.
    This is a student forum mostly aimed at those in higher education. For years now we have had government desperately trying to push more and more people into higher education for various reasons. The main way they've done this; the promise of a higher salary at the end.

It's no wonder so many on here will have unrealistic expectations of their graduate starting salaries.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Reue)
    Because people are criminals. Dont try and excuse crime by a 'low' minimum wage.
    So you don't agree that an absence of resources leads to an increase in criminal activity?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.