Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Also how are you guys getting there everyday? From where I live, I'd have to get up at 6am to reach at 9 so I'm staying in London with a family friend for the programme and I'm taking the tube everyday, am really nervous about it though as I've never taken the tube alone before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokiohoe)
    Just went shopping today for some work wear and I got myself a black blazer, two black pencil skirts and a pair of kitten heels (not sure if I look a bit too much like a 40 year old banker wearing it tho). I'm so nervous, only 3 days to go! What are you guys reading as prep?
    I'm wearing something similar me too! i'm going to pick up a copy of the economist tomorrow. Is anyone bringing a notebook or whatever to write in??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbi1824)
    I'm wearing something similar me too! i'm going to pick up a copy of the economist tomorrow. Is anyone bringing a notebook or whatever to write in??
    I'm gonna bring a notepad and pen too

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm applying for the July step in step up programme and I just wanted some pointers on what kind of things you'd written in your cover letter? I'm not great at these therefore would really appreciate some tips!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    Hi guys,
    I'm applying for the July step in step up programme and I just wanted some pointers on what kind of things you'd written in your cover letter? I'm not great at these therefore would really appreciate some tips!
    Thanks
    In my cover letter I highlighted the main aspects of my CV that I thought were particularly relevant/impressive to what the programme requires e.g. I stated that my previous volunteering jobs had enabled me to learn how to work effectively with others and cooperate in a team to gets tasks done. I also did a bit of research on Morgan Stanley and stated what I found impressive about them as this shows that you have interest in the company themselves.

ReputationRep:
    What interesting fact did you guys write? And why do they want them? Do you have to tell others your interesting fact when you get there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arissag)
    I hope we don't have to say them when we get there haha. After you sent off your interesting fact and details did you get any other emails confirming your place? i haven't and i'm a bit worried
    nope i havent either aha they will probably send them a week before or something

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I want to apply for the 2015 step in step up program, can you please tell me how you applied and what you needed to send?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied for the July Step in, Step Up programme, could you give me an insight of your experience's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soton_6)
    Hi, I've applied for the July Step in, Step Up programme, could you give me an insight of your experience's
    Did you get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    Hi, I want to apply for the 2015 step in step up program, can you please tell me how you applied and what you needed to send?
    Thanks
    did you apply
    if so did you get in?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've applied for the July 2015 programme and have not received a reply yet. Has anyone else heard back from Morgan Stanley with a reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhargavi95)
    Hello,

I've applied for the July 2015 programme and have not received a reply yet. Has anyone else heard back from Morgan Stanley with a reply?
    you must be lucky because i just got a rejection- sent me over the edge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    you must be lucky because i just got a rejection- sent me over the edge
    Same my application was declined

ReputationRep:
    Same my application was declined
    have you had any previous experience with finance related stuff?

ReputationRep:
    have you had any previous experience with finance related stuff?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    me too. Now i am super worried as i am doing a finance related degree and how am I going to find an internship without such programs on my cv

ReputationRep:
    me too. Now i am super worried as i am doing a finance related degree and how am I going to find an internship without such programs on my cv
    Ooohh I see, check out this website http://www.studentladder.co.uk/Work-...xperience.html

ReputationRep:
    Ooohh I see, check out this website http://www.studentladder.co.uk/Work-...xperience.html
    thanks but i am scared things won't get better

ReputationRep:
    thanks but i am scared things won't get better
    Well there will always be other opportunities, you have to keep searching

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.