Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the psychopathic ones (by definition have no remorse and see no problem with their actions) should be executed.

ReputationRep:
    This is a very good read if you're interested in learning more about pedophilia (the attraction, not the act of child molestation). You can also get in contact with Virtuous Pedophiles, a group of pedophiles who are dedicated to not acting on their attractions.

The majority of pedophiles don't act on their attractions because they understand that it's wrong. For those pedophiles, I think improved access to mental health is important - being part of such a stigmatized minority can't be good for one's mental health. For those who take advantage of children, I think rehabilitation is important. If they can't be rehabilitated (and they probably can - the recidivism rate for sex offenders is surprisingly low) then chemical castration might be needed.

ReputationRep:
    Rehabilitation is necessary for all criminals, I believe. Therapy and the like, however they should be subject to very careful monitoring and ongoing assessment. Chemical castration for more serious offenders I believe is a very viable option - after all, why should they be allowed to produce children if they pose a risk to them? It has been shown to lower sex drive significantly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.