Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any case studies on strategies in Africa? Seems like i dont have much expect AGRA and some local. By the way I read this, which might be useful http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rtage-id-cards

ReputationRep:
    Money maker pumps in Kenya

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any good information for trade liberalisation and case studies to go with it? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hillierd)
    Has anyone got any good information for trade liberalisation and case studies to go with it? Thanks
    I dont have any sorry How would you link that into sustainable strategies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    I dont have any sorry How would you link that into sustainable strategies?
    You could try and talk about how economically and socially sustainable it is, then say it could allow for better development and then analyse it by saying that it doesn't offer anything towards being environmentally sustainable?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any examples for for farming techniques?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any examples for for farming techniques?
    You could you HYV, Green Revolution, Cuban Organic Revolution, Aquacultures, Oh and Money maker pumps is a good bottom up techniques

(Original post by JamesChowler)
    Money maker pumps in Kenya

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i was a little ambiguous there, i meant as in multicropping and things like that. Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i was a little ambiguous there, i meant as in multicropping and things like that. Thanks anyway
    mmmm I dont have any case studies for that but maybe search technologies which are sustainable.

Also this is to anyone.. Is there any point of learning casestudies from the other enquiry questions? e.g. Famine etc. I mean if the exam question is focused on Strategies and ways to cope with rising demands?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to use a sustainability model? I think I'm going to use the bruthland definition and the vent diagram by Michael Whitterick in the food and famine case study book. Also have people though about scales? I have been thinking and my framework just seems like global and local strategies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to use a sustainability model? I think I'm going to use the bruthland definition and the vent diagram by Michael Whitterick in the food and famine case study book. Also have people though about scales? I have been thinking and my framework just seems like global and local strategies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For sustainability models I'm going to use the sustainability quadrant and the stool of sustainability and of course the Brundtland report definition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxoxsara)
    For sustainability models I'm going to use the sustainability quadrant and the stool of sustainability and of course the Brundtland report definition
    Oh thats cute

ReputationRep:
    wheres that from?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what page in the witherick book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter qwert)
    wheres that from?
    I'm not sure of the source(s) of these but here they are:
    Name:  sus1.png
Views: 1124
Size:  28.3 KB Name:  sus2.png
Views: 440
Size:  44.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter qwert)
    what page in the witherick book?
    Oh I don't think its from the book. But its by Michael Witherick I read it in an examiner report.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure of the source(s) of these but here they are:
    Name:  sus1.png
Views: 1124
Size:  28.3 KB Name:  sus2.png
Views: 440
Size:  44.9 KB
    Isn't it better to just use one? Although I like the idea of the principles of social, environmental and economic acting as a foundation to sustainability in the stool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it better to just use one? Although I like the idea of the principles of social, environmental and economic acting as a foundation to sustainability in the stool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I would think it'd be better to use one also. I find the stool of sustainability better to work with as I can analyse my case studies against each 'leg' (enviro, soc & economic) to see the different degrees of sustainability

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't think its from the book. But its by Michael Witherick I read it in an examiner report.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks , anyone going into the exam with a pre prepared intro and methodology?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any good case studies and information to share?

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.