Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel375)
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is anyone going to uni or anyone who went to uni at aged 21 as I will be. How did you find making friends with people your own age? Also, will you be with a bunch of 18 year olds when living in halls or do they tend to mix it up? I don't really mind living with 18 year olds but I just don't want to feel like the granny of the group:/. I'm applying to Nottingham Trent as my first choice. Thanks in advance

Hey,

I just booked my accommodation for Gill Street and the Uni told me before which rooms were for mature and those rooms didn't even come up and I am 21. So I guess they may be for postgrads anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel375)
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is anyone going to uni or anyone who went to uni at aged 21 as I will be. How did you find making friends with people your own age? Also, will you be with a bunch of 18 year olds when living in halls or do they tend to mix it up? I don't really mind living with 18 year olds but I just don't want to feel like the granny of the group:/. I'm applying to Nottingham Trent as my first choice. Thanks in advance
    Hey I'm kinda in the same boat so I don't think you should worry I'll be 20 soon and 21 within my first year and am looking at staying at either gill street, gill street south, Simpson or Byron (but really haven't got a clue yet!) Hopefully there will be a good mix of ages

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any other 21 year olds staying at Gill Street? I am in B474

ReputationRep:
    I will be 22 when I start and I have booked Gill Street South. I don't expect there to be much difference between the ages as we will all be adults when we start

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am a first year student and three of my flat mates are older than the traditional sixth form leaver age, not an issue at all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawstudentntux)
    I am a first year student and three of my flat mates are older than the traditional sixth form leaver age, not an issue at all really.
    Thanks for the info

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jobie123)
    Hey,

I just booked my accommodation for Gill Street and the Uni told me before which rooms were for mature and those rooms didn't even come up and I am 21. So I guess they may be for postgrads anyway?
    Hey! I'm a second year, but I am planning on moving back into halls for my third year - hopefully gill street.
    Do you remember which rooms they said were for mature students by any chance?
    Thank you! xx

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 21 when I start but I guess it's a good age; old enough to have done some work and maybe have a bit of life experience and young enough still to go out and enjoy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andr3wm)
    I will be 22 when I start and I have booked Gill Street South. I don't expect there to be much difference between the ages as we will all be adults when we start

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what block/flat are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applenpears)
    what block/flat are you in?
    K3304, I found 2 people already in my flat I reeeeally wanna find the others haha. You're in L42 yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    K3304, I found 2 people already in my flat I reeeeally wanna find the others haha. You're in L42 yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah cool! Yes I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applenpears)
    Ah cool! Yes I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was talking to a guy on my course and he's 20 now but his birthday is in June so he'll be starting at 21 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaohboy)
    I was talking to a guy on my course and he's 20 now but his birthday is in June so he'll be starting at 21 too
    Ah cool thanks! It seems as though there's a few people about this age starting which is decent send him this way if he wants to say hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool thanks! It seems as though there's a few people about this age starting which is decent send him this way if he wants to say hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no worries, aye will do!

ReputationRep:
    Yup, here i am, at last. Sorry I'm late, I was using my zimmer frame to get here, and to answer your question ofcourse we aren't old! We will blend in perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidTaylor23)
    Yup, here i am, at last. Sorry I'm late, I was using my zimmer frame to get here, and to answer your question ofcourse we aren't old! We will blend in perfectly.
    Haha hopefully you didn't pick up an injury on the way here! Need to take care of the old hips and knees don't we

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidTaylor23)
    For Christmas I'll get you some ointment for your poor achy joints :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaohboy)
    For Christmas I'll get you some ointment for your poor achy joints :')
    Haha good girl, thank you, I'll be investing in a mobility scooter to get to and from uni haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaaan)
    Hey! I'm a second year, but I am planning on moving back into halls for my third year - hopefully gill street.
    Do you remember which rooms they said were for mature students by any chance?
    Thank you! xx
    In Gill Street it is flats/rooms in G block and a flat in C Block, level 4, flat 9.

That is what they told me but there will probably be people your age all over gill street ha.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.