Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jord089)
    Exactly why can't people give him the recognition he deserves instead of being stuck in the past he is on form so therefore he should be applauded. End of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He is the 3rd best player in the world right now

ReputationRep:
    I think he's the best player in the world in terms of biting. He out-bites Ronaldo and Messi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galileo Galilei)
    He is the 3rd best player in the world right now
    Yes this is what I have been saying from the start but no one else gets it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmoon)
    I think he's the best player in the world in terms of biting. He out-bites Ronaldo and Messi.
    Who do you support?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why should Suarez be considered as the 3rd best player in the world when he isn't playing European Football? There are top players putting in a high level of performance both domestically and in Europe. I don't see why he should be considered superior to them.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez > Ribery?? You are deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -bill-)
    Can you quantify any of that? No? Didn't think so. I'm sure some of La liga's finest attackers are terrified of the prospect of Norwich/Palace/Sunderland....:rolleyes:
    Well, no. I can't quantify it, it's more from what I've seen from watching football in England and in Spain.

And I'm clearly not saying that Lionel Messi or Ronaldo wouldn't run rings around the bottom half of the PL, so why make it out like that? If you watch CL football, you'll see that players like Messi still play absolutely brilliantly against English teams, but they certainly have a harder time.

Also, as far as I'm aware, La Liga is pretty much Barcelona vs Real Madrid, as nobody else has any chance of winning. The PL is much more open, right now it's just Arsenal vs Chelsea vs City, obviously. But at Christmas Liverpool were top of the league, two games later and they were around 5th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Well, no. I can't quantify it, it's more from what I've seen from watching football in England and in Spain.

And I'm clearly not saying that Lionel Messi or Ronaldo wouldn't run rings around the bottom half of the PL, so why make it out like that? If you watch CL football, you'll see that players like Messi still play absolutely brilliantly against English teams, but they certainly have a harder time.

Also, as far as I'm aware, La Liga is pretty much Barcelona vs Real Madrid, as nobody else has any chance of winning. The PL is much more open, right now it's just Arsenal vs Chelsea vs City, obviously. But at Christmas Liverpool were top of the league, two games later and they were around 5th.
    Scoring 4 vs arsenal
    Twice vs utd In two finals
    Created a number of chances vs chelsea that fabregas bottled at Stamford bridge and assisted iniestas goal at the nou camp

I'm sorry buddy but messi has absolutely destroyed the top English teams so that argument doesn't really hold up

ReputationRep:
    He only really scores against **** opposition.

Zlatan has proved he can perform in the Champions League and almost every league in the world.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic > Luis Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    At least third. But I don't think he'll win the Ballon D'Or while he's playing for livepool sue to the fact we get hated on so hard and it's managers that vote for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Have you heard of Atletico Madrid?

La Liga;

Barcelona - 51
    Atletico Madrid - 51
    Real Madrid - 50

Premiership;

Arsenal - 51
    Manchester City - 50
    Chelsea - 49

Yeah, the premiership is much more open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Have you heard of Atletico Madrid?

La Liga;

Barcelona - 51
    Atletico Madrid - 51
    Real Madrid - 50

Premiership;

Arsenal - 51
    Manchester City - 50
    Chelsea - 49

Yeah, the premiership is much more open.
    Yes, I have heard of them. You make a good point though, I didn't realise they were in the title race for La Liga. It's just I don't think anybody has won it except Barcelona or Real Madrid for quite some time now (correct me if I'm wrong).

I really have no more evidence, the PL has just always been considered a harder league than La Liga (at least, to my knowledge). Maybe because it's more physical? I'm not sure.

(Original post by baconbutty)
    Scoring 4 vs arsenal
    Twice vs utd In two finals
    Created a number of chances vs chelsea that fabregas bottled at Stamford bridge and assisted iniestas goal at the nou camp

I'm sorry buddy but messi has absolutely destroyed the top English teams so that argument doesn't really hold up
    Messi has destroyed top English teams, but that's due to the fact that Messi is just pure brilliance.

Like I said, to my knowledge, the PL has always been considered the harder league. Maybe I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Four Queue)
    These kind of responses always make me laugh. Perhaps some people just don't like his antics on the field. He's just not a very likeable character, nothing to do with jealousy.
    On these grounds it would be interesting to see if Suarez could ever win the Ballon D'or given its just a popularity contest.

ReputationRep:
    No, and I hope he gets sent to the pound to get put down. ****ing savage that he is.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have heard of them. You make a good point though, I didn't realise they were in the title race for La Liga. It's just I don't think anybody has won it except Barcelona or Real Madrid for quite some time now (correct me if I'm wrong).

I really have no more evidence, the PL has just always been considered a harder league than La Liga (at least, to my knowledge). Maybe because it's more physical? I'm not sure.

Messi has destroyed top English teams, but that's due to the fact that Messi is just pure brilliance.

Like I said, to my knowledge, the PL has always been considered the harder league. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Maybe that's because you live in England I doubt the Spanish say the same thing
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Suarez has proved he can do it on a cold night in Stoke though, Messi and Ronaldo haven't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Maybe that's because you live in England I doubt the Spanish say the same thing
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    He is a quality player regardless of whatever anyone else thinks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Best striker in the world.

Bar none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Best striker in the world.

Bar none.

What he said

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.