Turn on thread page Beta

who remembers "bundles" ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    We just yelled PILE ON!
    You know you were screwed when you saw the fat kid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    That sounds great.
    Although in theory it would take just as long nuggeting the bag as it would un-nuggeting it, our toils never went to waste -it used to be hilarious, especially when we did it during a lesson - they would have to stay behind after the lesson had finished for around 10 minutes trying to un-nugget their bag and be late for the next lesson/miss some of their break time :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioHawk)
    We just yelled PILE ON!
    You know you were screwed when you saw the fat kid...
    All you hear is about 10 people shouting "NOOOOOOOOO" in slow motion before the glorious thud and crushing weight bearing down upon (what was once) your body :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, fun times. Loved it in the field as opposed to on the concrete lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine these days if you shouted "bundle" kids would run up to kick the poor soul on the ground, record it on their phones and upload it to Facebook.

Oh how the world has changed.

ReputationRep:
    You would get a bigger punishment for being part of a pile-on than being in a fight at my school

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few of the boys in my year used to do that all the time until they broke someone's arm by doing it and got a week of isolation each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndiaCaitlinn)
    Quite a few of the boys in my year used to do that all the time until they broke someone's arm by doing it and got a week of isolation each
    But did that stop them after?

Someone broke some bones in their foot when we played bulldog - it never stopped us from continuing... nor did the chunks of scrap metal or broken glass where we used to play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    But did that stop them after?

Someone broke some bones in their foot when we played bulldog - it never stopped us from continuing... nor did the chunks of scrap metal or broken glass where we used to play
    No they left it a few weeks and then started doing it again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    It was either 'BUNDLE' or 'DOG PILE' that was called out. I remember that the heavier people oft found it pleasing to be the last to jump on

There was also a certain thing called a 'Mosh Pit' whereby if we were standing in a circle having a conversation, one would push another into the circle, and then continuously getting pushed from side to side until they were able to escape the circle, then they would try and get revenge and push someone else into the 'Mosh Pit'.

'Nuggeting' someone's bag also used to be a thing. If one left their bag unattended, people would take all of their stuff out, fold the bag inside out, put everything back in and then zip it up.

This continued right up until/during the last year of secondary school in my school, too. Except they always took it one step too far (either by placing the aforementioned bag in the rain/in a bin/taped up a support pole to the ceiling/cable tied so something). They'd also write on the inside of your bag too, so you'd end up with massive penis' all over it. Another common trend was also hiding the various contents within the bag and taping them up, too. Or stapling the bag closed.

Ah, memories. Our U6th group seem to be incredibly immature. Shoes in microwaves (it went on fire), end of year water fight that left the entire common room saturated in water (there were massive puddles) and smashed a picture on the wall, printing out about 500 copies of an explicit poem and covering the entire room, placing aforementioned poem inside the clock face (and getting murdered by the principal), throwing peoples blazers out windows, printing off pictures of drunk teachers and spreading them around the school, printing off pictures of students going with each other and sellotaping them to the outside of the second floor windows, in the snow leaving all the windows open so the temperature would get below 14 degrees so they'd have to send us home and indoor cricket during the infamous bomb scare at the school (no idea why they kept us inside for hours during the bomb squad being there).

All at a fairly decent Grammar school. Who would have thought.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and I thought they were stupid, dirty and immature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    'Bundles'? I've never heard of that before. When I was at school we always called them 'pile-ons'. If someone shouted 'pile on!' you always managed to get up rather quickly.
    Yeah, same here! good times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    'Nuggeting' someone's bag also used to be a thing. If one left their bag unattended, people would take all of their stuff out, fold the bag inside out, put everything back in and then zip it up.
    We call that 'cabbaging' at my school... no idea why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)
    [/B]

This continued right up until/during the last year of secondary school in my school, too. Except they always took it one step too far (either by placing the aforementioned bag in the rain/in a bin/taped up a support pole to the ceiling/cable tied so something). They'd also write on the inside of your bag too, so you'd end up with massive penis' all over it. Another common trend was also hiding the various contents within the bag and taping them up, too. Or stapling the bag closed.

Ah, memories. Our U6th group seem to be incredibly immature. Shoes in microwaves (it went on fire), end of year water fight that left the entire common room saturated in water (there were massive puddles) and smashed a picture on the wall, printing out about 500 copies of an explicit poem and covering the entire room, placing aforementioned poem inside the clock face (and getting murdered by the principal), throwing peoples blazers out windows, printing off pictures of drunk teachers and spreading them around the school, printing off pictures of students going with each other and sellotaping them to the outside of the second floor windows, in the snow leaving all the windows open so the temperature would get below 14 degrees so they'd have to send us home and indoor cricket during the infamous bomb scare at the school (no idea why they kept us inside for hours during the bomb squad being there).

All at a fairly decent Grammar school. Who would have thought.
    :lol: We wouldn't ruin people's bags by drawing on them, that would be going to far; sometimes glass cases or pencil cases would be placed inside of condoms, or we would use glue/vaseline to stick pieces of toilet paper to every page of their notepad, whilst drawing many graphic images in them too. If we had it on us at the time, we would also use cling film to gift-wrap their text books :rolleyes:

The rest of those anecdotes, my school cannot live up to :teehee: That's some pretty messed up stuff :lol: Was there a real bomb or was it exactly that - a scare!? Sounds rather novel :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    :lol: We wouldn't ruin people's bags by drawing on them, that would be going to far; sometimes glass cases or pencil cases would be placed inside of condoms, or we would use glue/vaseline to stick pieces of toilet paper to every page of their notepad, whilst drawing many graphic images in them too. If we had it on us at the time, we would also use cling film to gift-wrap their text books :rolleyes:

The rest of those anecdotes, my school cannot live up to :teehee: That's some pretty messed up stuff :lol: Was there a real bomb or was it exactly that - a scare!? Sounds rather novel :P
    Ahaha, cling film is a pretty clever idea.

It was a 'suspicious' device as they love to call it over here. I think it was basically a really ****ty, tiny bomb which would have caused very little damage, but still was viable. In the public police report they said:

"The Partnership condemned an attempt by persons unknown, with the intention of disrupting or preventing the Public Meeting at [school] by creating a bomb-scare scenario and wish to commend the Principal, Staff and Pupils of the School for their determination that the Meeting proceed."

Who knows, tbh. It was a bit of a fail really, class commenced after lunchtime, anyway. It was very funny though when we went to Geography after, because our teacher (who was a cow) was nearly gurning about it, we were like like :curious:, really?

*sigh*, you English folk are missing out on all the banter :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Is that not a thing any more? Kids these days.
    I know right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)
    Ahaha, cling film is a pretty clever idea.

It was a 'suspicious' device as they love to call it over here. I think it was basically a really ****ty, tiny bomb which would have caused very little damage, but still was viable. In the public police report they said:

"The Partnership condemned an attempt by persons unknown, with the intention of disrupting or preventing the Public Meeting at [school] by creating a bomb-scare scenario and wish to commend the Principal, Staff and Pupils of the School for their determination that the Meeting proceed."

Who knows, tbh. It was a bit of a fail really, class commenced after lunchtime, anyway. It was very funny though when we went to Geography after, because our teacher (who was a cow) was nearly gurning about it, we were like like :curious:, really?

*sigh*, you English folk are missing out on all the banter :teehee:
    Ah, this makes more sense now - just read by your name that it says you're from Northern Ireland :rolleyes: Even if it's '****ty' and small, it still has the potential to kill/injure/mame, you know Well, I guess it's not an every day occurance, so it must have been rather fun - especially the teacher's reaction; you all should have brought some party-poppers along to make her all jumpy

Oi, oo do u fink ure coolin Inglish, ay m8? If I was there, Id probs clock u in ur gabber :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ornlu)
    Ah, this makes more sense now - just read by your name that it says you're from Northern Ireland :rolleyes: Even if it's '****ty' and small, it still has the potential to kill/injure/mame, you know Well, I guess it's not an every day occurance, so it must have been rather fun - especially the teacher's reaction; you all should have brought some party-poppers along to make her all jumpy

Oi, oo do u fink ure coolin Inglish, ay m8? If I was there, Id probs clock u in ur gabber :bhangra:
    It's a lot more common in Belfast (but still not that common) than it is in my school's town, so it was pretty exciting yet scary at the same time! Lololol we should have, she would have genuinely broke down in class.

Ahahahah, you police don't even have meat wagons (well, you do, very few). Talk to me once your police carry guns and have these bad boys

ReputationRep:
    This has reminded me a little bit of another thing we had at our school.

"Wutanging"

Essentially, it's basically punching someone in the balls as hard as you can as they walk along, but you have to shout out WU TANG! as loud as you can.

For some reason that somehow made it acceptable...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.