Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Horror games are much more involving, Amnesia is unbelievably scary, there's no movie that can do what that game did.

ReputationRep:
    While I haven't watched many horror films I do play horror games, and as a whole I would say the games do a great job of building tension and getting the heart rate slightly raised before trying to scare you. Notable examples are the basement in 'The Last Of Us' where you have to run from a generator to a door and have little to no hope of clearing the room of enemies, another game where it gets the atmosphere spot on is 'Resident Evil 4', I found some bits of this seriously jumpy, at the start alone when there's the guy with the chainsaw.

ReputationRep:
    Not really played many "scary" video games. Going to get a gaming PC soon so might play some.

ReputationRep:
    Dead Space 2 is an amazing game and can get a little scary at times, but only under the right conditions. You have to be sitting alone in a completely darkened room at night, playing with a hi-fi surround sound system, and it can get a bit scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    Dead Space 2 is an amazing game and can get a little scary at times, but only under the right conditions. You have to be sitting alone in a completely darkened room at night, playing with a hi-fi surround sound system, and it can get a bit scary.
    LoL, I wouldn't consider Dead Space a scary game. In fact I cant think of any triple A titles that are.

All you need is a screen in front of you and a good headset then you're set for horror games. Bonues points if you can get a VR headset, then you better also get an adult diaper! Trust me it gets REALLY scary with VR XD

ReputationRep:
    No. You can pause the games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav455)
    No. You can pause the games
    You can leave the theater/pause the movie :P
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JC 042)
    You can leave the theater/pause the movie :P
    Or simply look away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't even play horror games because they stop me sleeping at night but horror movies don't affect me much. I think it's the active vs passive nature of video games.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.