Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

English with a foundation year at Manchester Metropolitan? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly2595)
    It's okay, I'm glad you found it. I'm only in Monday - Wednesday too, but I think there's a number of separate groups for those on our course. My phone won't let me post a photo but I'm in Monday 9-10, 12-1 and 2-3 then Tuesday 9-10, 12-1 and 1-2 and Wednesday 9-10:30. I'm quite happy with that timetable, no late finishes and I'm done for the week after 10:30 on Wednesday
    We have almost identical timetables apart from the Tuesday. On Tuesday I have 9-10, 11-12 and 1-2. It's weird that only that middle Tuesday lesson is different for both of us. Well, by the looks of things, we should be in most classes together which is good. I'm going on the bus to town tomorrow to find the Geoffrey Manton building and see where the Uni is (I live here but I don't go Town enough to know the place).

It would be cool if we meet each other on Monday, I'm the big girl with long brown hair called Alex if you see me. I'll actually be arriving before 10am so I'll probably stay in the park near our building until 11am so I better bring a book or something. I'm excited and nervous, but we did very well with our timetable - I've seen some others (a Mon, Wed and Fri one. How unlucky)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexiria)
    We have almost identical timetables apart from the Tuesday. On Tuesday I have 9-10, 11-12 and 1-2. It's weird that only that middle Tuesday lesson is different for both of us. Well, by the looks of things, we should be in most classes together which is good. I'm going on the bus to town tomorrow to find the Geoffrey Manton building and see where the Uni is (I live here but I don't go Town enough to know the place).

It would be cool if we meet each other on Monday, I'm the big girl with long brown hair called Alex if you see me. I'll actually be arriving before 10am so I'll probably stay in the park near our building until 11am so I better bring a book or something. I'm excited and nervous, but we did very well with our timetable - I've seen some others (a Mon, Wed and Fri one. How unlucky)
    Ah that's great, I'm glad I'll definitely know someone who's in the majority of my lectures and seminars. I guess our course got very lucky when it came to timetables. Well I move into my halls this morning, so I'll be in Manchester from 9am and I'm still not 100% sure where Geoffrey Manton is in regards to my halls so I may have to make a trip down there myself before Monday haha.

Yeah I would totally like it if we could meet before Monday's induction. My name's Holly (hence the username) and I have blonde hair which is about an inch above my shoulders. I'll probably meet you in the park before our induction if you want? At least that way we can go there together.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hijack your thread, best of luck with your studies, I've applied for 2015 entry onto the English course so I might even end up meeting you next year also your discussion about the buildings and course was pretty useful so thanks for that! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly2595)
    Ah that's great, I'm glad I'll definitely know someone who's in the majority of my lectures and seminars. I guess our course got very lucky when it came to timetables. Well I move into my halls this morning, so I'll be in Manchester from 9am and I'm still not 100% sure where Geoffrey Manton is in regards to my halls so I may have to make a trip down there myself before Monday haha.

Yeah I would totally like it if we could meet before Monday's induction. My name's Holly (hence the username) and I have blonde hair which is about an inch above my shoulders. I'll probably meet you in the park before our induction if you want? At least that way we can go there together.
    That'll be great! I'm arriving with my brother's girlfriend at around quarter to 10 (her art course starts at 10) so I'll just be in that park by myself, if I can I'll be on the bench nearest the bus stop probably reading a book or something. Then we can get our student cards whilst we wait. So yes look for me any time between 10 and 11 and I will be there

Just went to town by bus and did what will become my route to Uni. The Geoffrey Manton building is really easy to find too, I didn't realise it was opposite the main building. I know where the nearest shop is too if we need like a drink or something.

I could see all the students moving in with their parents, but all the parents parked on double yellow lines and we nearly had a pile up (The bus driver told a passenger to complain to the uni or police because it was so dangerous). It was funny, seeing dads carrying massive boxes full of kitchen utensils with their kid with like a tiny bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwoLimes)
    Sorry to hijack your thread, best of luck with your studies, I've applied for 2015 entry onto the English course so I might even end up meeting you next year also your discussion about the buildings and course was pretty useful so thanks for that! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best of luck then, hope you get in! It will be nice to know more people
    And I'm glad it helped, we've been slowly working out exactly what we are doing and where we are going; it's been hectic but I think I'm finally ready to start uni with no worries.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.