Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    Forget Mata, will United sign anyone before the deadline?
    Obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    i have tremendous respect for mata wherever he goes he acted maturely for the most part

ReputationRep:
    Because mourhino is an anti football manager who is an awful man manager

ReputationRep:
    It was a Mata of time before this would happen, he weren't getting any playing time!

ReputationRep:
    He actually joined now
    lmao
    And Hererra is also being linked. If he joins WTFFFFF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Would say Coentrao but even that looks to have gone dead.
    Dante looks another dead one too. I just hope you don't blame Moyes for this! Last time I heard he isn't the one in charge of transfers....merely picks his targets or am I wrong?

ReputationRep:
    LOL it's only a matter of time now...
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...lk-intensifies
    Mourinho surely will reject this bid and stop any talks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherposter)
    Chelsea haven't accepted the bid and for all you know they aren't going to.
    Officially there hasn't even been a bid.

Even if they do accept it I can't see Mata wanting to risk missing out on the Champions League next season
    Well, if he's not playing. First team football, and making the Spain squad for the WC, are likely far more important for him right now. There's no certainty other clubs are interested. Talk of PSG and Monaco last summer, but nothing this window from what I've heard (admittedly I don't take interest in transfer gossip anymore. Haven't for a decade or more).

Even selling to a top European club will still be selling to a European rival. It's the nature of football transfers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    LOL United have officially lodged a bid!
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...lk-intensifies
    Mourinho surely will reject this bid and stop any talks!
    "Unconfirmed reports"

ReputationRep:
    Luis Figo... Sol Campbell... Nick Barmby... Alan Smith... Ashley Cole... Carlos Tevez... Robin Van Persie... does it Mata anyway???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    "Unconfirmed reports"
    oops sorry! I got carried away, this all too much for me lol

ReputationRep:
    TBH, I think Mourinho's thinking very short-term. Chelsea, for the first time in a few years, are competing for the title. United-Chelsea have played twice and won't meet again and United are set to face Arsenal (a), City (a), Liverpool (h) and with Mata not in favour (and with the WC in mind), and a decent fee - he feels it's a good deal. But if United get fourth and improve with signings in the summer to go into the first team and not squad players then Mata, who is only 25, could be a fantastic long-term signing for us. If/when Rooney leaves, then Mata is a brilliant replacement.

But yeah, I'll believe it if it happens.

ReputationRep:
    The very reliable SSN source has said the deal is done...(yes, hint sarcasm here)

Guillem Balague
    @GuillemBalague
    All agreed. Juan Mata will be a Manchester United player. 45 million euros. All will be announced very soon
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Saw this thread on the Latest discussions and Popular, thought it would be something good, ended up being out football :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.