Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Daft things you are or used to be scared of? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I never liked Splinter the Rat.

ReputationRep:
    Lifts. I only feel comfortable in the see through ones so at least if it gets stuck, everyone will see and hopefully help lol

ReputationRep:
    I have a really bad fear of frogs/toads the way they stare you down scares the bajeezus out of me

ReputationRep:
    The X-Files theme tune. It made me so jumpy. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Shadows at night time.

ReputationRep:
    Bees and wasps frighten the life out of me.

My mum doesn't like the Dr. Who theme.

ReputationRep:
    Creepy as **** when I was a kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Creepy as **** when I was a kid.

Thats unbelievably creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Used to be scared of lichens (the yellow **** that grows on stones) and somehow managed to convince myself that if I looked at one and breathed, I'd die. Was also terrified of bleach.

ReputationRep:
    There was this alien movie that came on TV a lot when I was a kid and it had this awful creepy music in the background and still gives me shivers to this day. I can't listen to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    Mine is the crime watch theme tune, aged 4-18 when my mom was watching it I would have to plug my ears lmao I still don't like it. So what are yours?
    You sound like me lol. I used to be scared of stuff like that as a child. I remember there was a nonce special on telly one night I was about 8 or 9, and they had those criminal mugshots of nonces, and they zoom in and the nonces look all sinister and up to no good. That used to freak me out.

I used to be scared of being alone when I was little as well, up to the age of about 11/12. Would never go upstairs on my own, felt like someone was watching me.

(Original post by barnetlad)
    Apple pips. Until about the age of six I would not eat an apple not cut up into pieces first and the pips removed.
    (Original post by lou 22)
    I was the same.
    And again. Was cos my dad told me if you eat them you'll have an apple/orange tree growing out your bum, and one day I did actually swallow one, and I cried.

Rats & any insects that startle me, I'm OK once I've spotted them and will release them outside but the initial moment when you see one crawling and it's a particularly big one, ****s me up.

Street rats are horrible tbh hate the things.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.