Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pretty face, ugly kid watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Population will stop growing in the future. We don't have as much kids as we used to do.
    Plus, you take a risk in everything you do in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquid Swordsman)
    Pretty sure that's not true.
    Ok, will are one of the most common species on earth. Better.

ReputationRep:
    Are you actually suggesting people should have kids with the best looking people so they turn out good looking thereby giving them the best chance to succeed in life?

That is completely shallow first of all, attractiveness does not guarantee success, how the kid is brought up by their parents, the values they teach them, how intelligent they become are characteristics that will define their success.

In fact nepotism is more likely to guarantee success than being 'good looking'.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NHM713)
    Ok, will are one of the most common species on earth. Better.
    yeah definitely not true

It has long been recognized and documented that insects are the most diverse group of organisms, meaning that the numbers of species of insects are more than any other group. In the world, some 900 thousand different kinds of living insects are known. This representation approximates 80 percent of the world's species. The true figure of living species of insects can only be estimated from present and past studies. Most authorities agree that there are more insect species that have not been described (named by science) than there are insect species that have been previously named. Conservative estimates suggest that this figure is 2 million, but estimates extend to 30 million. In the last decade, much attention has been given to the entomofauna that exists in the canopies of tropical forests of the world. From studies conducted by Terry Erwin of the Smithsonian Institution's Department of Entomology in Latin American forest canopies, the number of living species of insects has been estimated to be 30 million. Insects also probably have the largest biomass of the terrestrial animals. At any time, it is estimated that there are some 10 quintillion (10,000,000,000,000,000,000) individual insects alive.
    and that's just insects.

We're not even THAT 'popular' compared to other species. For example, there are 40 main breeds of rabbit - and you know how rabbits breed...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NHM713)
    Is that enough though? all fair and well you love your children, that not to guarantee them success/happiness in their lives. We is to me a good reason to have them because can be really good.
    Honestly I don't know what you try to say?
    I'm not saying I will only give them love and starve them to death or something. As a parent you love your child and try your best do as much as you can to make them happy.

Unfortunately, I am not future teller so I cannot say if my (or anyone's) child will be happy or successful or not, all I can say is happiness and success are subjective, for example, I might think (its just an example) if my child become a lawyer then he/she will be successful and happy, but if he wants to do art and its where he finds happiness I am not gonna prohibit it!

Every child is a human being, they have their own thoughts, as a (future) parent I might "think" what might be best for my child, but cannot force it because I have power only to advice and not to force.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.