Turn on thread page Beta

UKIP Manifesto watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    The nation is a much more dangerous place now that Labour has imported millions of racial and cultural aliens with no loyalty to the UK, its subjects or its rule of law.
    Meanwhile liberals have undermined our judiciary, prison system and sentencing guidelines such that criminality is now just a calculated risk with odds heavily in their favour.
    I would consequently like the right to protect my property, as I don't have any remaining faith in the State to do so itself.
    I would like to say that what you just said was the most blatantly racist and disgusting thing I've ever read on these forums - exactly the type of rhetoric floating around before the Nazis got into power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesGibson)
    I would like to say that what you just said was the most blatantly racist and disgusting thing I've ever read on these forums - exactly the type of rhetoric floating around before the Nazis got into power.
    Your lazy and tired canards designed to silence opposing viewpoints do not phase me in any way and do not constitute a meaningful response to my post.

ReputationRep:
    Your lazy and tired canards designed to silence opposing viewpoints do not phase me in any way and do not constitute a meaningful response to my post.
    I shouldn't have to explain myself, but you're advocating stricter law enforcement due to increasing immigration. You think that immigration is ruining this country, when really its the greedy businesses, bankers and fatcats who're to blame. You try to demonise foreigners as 'aliens' - I'll have you know that some of these 'aliens' are some of my best friends in real life. This is a country built on immigration, it will evolve as a cultural hub despite the backward views of a rightwing decreasing in size and momentum.

ReputationRep:
    The nation is a much more dangerous place now that Labour has imported millions of racial and cultural aliens with no loyalty to the UK, its subjects or its rule of law.
    Meanwhile liberals have undermined our judiciary, prison system and sentencing guidelines such that criminality is now just a calculated risk with odds heavily in their favour.
    I would consequently like the right to protect my property, as I don't have any remaining faith in the State to do so itself.
    May you please provide evidence for the following:

- That most (or all, as you suggest) foreigners have no loyalty to the UK, its subjects or its rule of law.

- That our judiciary, prison system and sentencing guidelines have been undermined, and by liberals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Indeed. I wonder whether the UKIP lot on TSR will quieten down now.

Luckily most people have learnt to ignore the constant crap that the user you quoted comes out with.

ReputationRep:
    Am surprised that Ace-troll hasn't come to the defence

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    His party is pathetic and he's a daft old drunk.
    My word!! There is actually something you posted that I actually 100% agree with

Maybe you're not that bad after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    Oh good, I look forward to reading their new manifesto. I'll still being voting UKIP regardless.
    Not much point reading it, turns out Nigel 'the human cannonball' Farage doesn't bother.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25879302

Thats the kinda guy I want running the country!

His formal withdrawal from the EU might well sign us up to the Euro...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Not much point reading it, turns out Nigel 'the human cannonball' Farage doesn't bother.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25879302

Thats the kinda guy I want running the country!

His formal withdrawal from the EU might well sign us up to the Euro...
    What?

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't have to explain myself, but you're advocating stricter law enforcement due to increasing immigration. You think that immigration is ruining this country, when really its the greedy businesses, bankers and fatcats who're to blame. You try to demonise foreigners as 'aliens' - I'll have you know that some of these 'aliens' are some of my best friends in real life. This is a country built on immigration, it will evolve as a cultural hub despite the backward views of a rightwing decreasing in size and momentum.
    Woaaaahhh! You said on another thread that Britain was built on the slave trade! Now you can't have two opinions, which one should it be?

ReputationRep:
    Woaaaahhh! You said on another thread that Britain was built on the slave trade! Now you can't have two opinions, which one should it be?
    The two statements aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    The two statements aren't exactly mutually exclusive.
    Exactly! So which one is true? Make a decision.

Is Britain rich from slavery or immigration?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! So which one is true? Make a decision.

Is Britain rich from slavery or immigration?
    Rich on slavery, populated from immigration. Anyway, we're going a bit off-topic here!

ReputationRep:
    Rich on slavery, populated from immigration. Anyway, we're going a bit off-topic here!
    It saddens me people still believe this theory that Britain today is rich because of money brought in 150 years ago. Perhaps an economic lesson is in order for you.

ReputationRep:
    It saddens me people still believe this theory that Britain today is rich because of money brought in 150 years ago. Perhaps an economic lesson is in order for you.
    I'm not talking literally, as in our GDP originates from slavery - but all of the houses, huge mansions and the huge empire we built. Would all of those infrastructure projects in the past been possible without our hegemony as a colonial power? Today, it couldn't matter to less - but Britain's historical development is heavily intertwined with its role as a superpower that inflicted great suffering on the lessers that it conquered.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the manefesto had a lot of good ideas actually.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking literally, as in our GDP originates from slavery - but all of the houses, huge mansions and the huge empire we built. Would all of those infrastructure projects in the past been possible without our hegemony as a colonial power? Today, it couldn't matter to less - but Britain's historical development is heavily intertwined with its role as a superpower that inflicted great suffering on the lessers that it conquered.
    Thank god you weren't, it's quite an absurd position to hold. Yes Britain was built on the Empire 150 years ago, but not today. We do not get money from the Empire today, that money has gone many decades ago. So it is a void argument. The modern infrastructure we use today was not built from money from the Empire. It simply is not true. The London tube for example was clearly not built by slaves from South Africa, or money from the Empire.

ReputationRep:
    Farage did more than distance himself from it [2010 Manifesto] on the Daily Politics on Thursday, he even went as far as to claim that he had never even heard of some of the stuff that it contained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    lol perhaps ou should stand for parliament with it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Interesting. I'm guessing you're a particular fan of the gay marriage ban, privatisation of education (literally selling schools to businesses) and a flat tax (even for people earning billions).

Seriously though, UKIP's policies are disgusting and if elected they would permanently destroy the NHS, welfare state and all of the social provisions we fought long and hard for after WWII.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen)
    Luckily most people have learnt to ignore the constant crap that the user you quoted comes out with.
    I think she posts good quality posts. They often provoke a lot of discussion - which is a great thing.

You ought not be so unsavory. Why don't you learn to ignore people you don't like and get on with your life?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.