The Student Room Group

How long do you revise each day on average?

Scroll to see replies

I've been revising about 2-3 hours a day since October just doing past papers and going over what we've learnt in the lesson, I'll start doing more intense revision from March onward
Original post by JamesRobertson
I've been revising about 2-3 hours a day since October just doing past papers and going over what we've learnt in the lesson, I'll start doing more intense revision from March onward

Same. Kind of losing it though, need to get back on track :biggrin:
What you aiming for?
Original post by toxiictests
Same. Kind of losing it though, need to get back on track :biggrin:
What you aiming for?

I'm a 3rd year got CDD last year I totally flopped it :frown: currently predicted ABB although an A* in maths is looking like a good possibility I got 100% in my Core 3 mock and I've been averaging 90's in Core 4 what about you?
Reply 23
Original post by JamesRobertson
I'm a 3rd year got CDD last year I totally flopped it :frown: currently predicted ABB although an A* in maths is looking like a good possibility I got 100% in my Core 3 mock and I've been averaging 90's in Core 4 what about you?

what uni's are you planning on going to if you dont mind me asking, as im in yr13 too but its my2nd year
(edited 10 years ago)
None yet, I start revising when all my modules are done in every single one of my subjects which should be around mid February/March, except English Lit which is constant drivel up until the exam.
Reply 25
I'm taking A levels seriously compared to my work ethic at GCSE. On the weekends just go over what you learnt that week.
Original post by Einstein16
what uni's are you planning on going to if you dont mind me asking, as im in yr13 too but its my2nd year

I've firmed Northumbria for Business Management with IT I'm currently studying Maths, Chemistry and IT
Reply 27
Due to doing f all from Sept-Dec '13, I've started pulling my weight and probably average 4 hours a day...I've only done it for one day though, lol. Today :K:
4 solid hours of Further complex numbers. :colonhash:
but tbh, my work ethic was way better in year 12.
Original post by TheAsian
Due to doing f all from Sept-Dec '13, I've started pulling my weight and probably average 4 hours a day...I've only done it for one day though, lol. Today :K:
4 solid hours of Further complex numbers. :colonhash:
but tbh, my work ethic was way better in year 12.

I know that feeling... :biggrin:
Reply 29
yeah I think its late starting at the end of january, if you dont mind me asking what subjects are you doing ? as people doing harder ones should probs start earlier

Hi, I do Philosophy, Religious Studies, ICT and Business Studies.
So I probably should start earlier but I would rather be doing other things than revising non stop, not looking forward though having to read philosophy again and again, cannot stand that subject.
Depends!~

Tonight Im going to do 2 hours of biology and then 1 hour of economics then 1 hour of physics.
Mock next week D:
Original post by joe1597
Hi, I do Philosophy, Religious Studies, ICT and Business Studies.
So I probably should start earlier but I would rather be doing other things than revising non stop, not looking forward though having to read philosophy again and again, cannot stand that subject.

It's worth it in the end :P Hehe and yeah... I did Philosphy for AS, never again xD
Original post by chocolattelee
Depends!~

Tonight Im going to do 2 hours of biology and then 1 hour of economics then 1 hour of physics.
Mock next week D:

Good Luck with your revision :wink:
Reply 33
I was thinking of revising like 5 hours a day, as exams are round the corner, but my teachers say it may be to much ? Im doing 3 a levels, and I need an ABB. Take into account im retaking my AS same time !

i got told by my teacher that i work too hard. i now do around 2 hours a day and i focus on one subject per day too. but at the moment i am revising for mocks when i come to revise for the real thing i think i will be revising for maybe 3 hours a day and maybe 2 subjects per day. i revise less on weekends and i leave sunday as my day off so i have some time to relax
Reply 34
how long do you spend a day procrastinating?

In that case, around 5 hours :biggrin: :colone:
Original post by Arturo09
how long do you spend a day procrastinating?

In that case, around 5 hours :biggrin: :colone:

Oh stop it you xD
Hahaha I actually do my work, I'm just doing some questions for further maths and I've been doing so for the past 2h :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by Username1818
Oh stop it you xD
Hahaha I actually do my work, I'm just doing some questions for further maths and I've been doing so for the past 2h :biggrin:

I literally think the teenage population has some disease, I mean, I can't resist most of the time

Luckily i'm getting much better :biggrin:

Further maths :eek::mad:
I literally think the teenage population has some disease, I mean, I can't resist most of the time

Luckily i'm getting much better :biggrin:

Further maths :eek::mad:

much numbers, such hard, wow :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Username1818
much numbers, such hard, wow :biggrin:

Sometimes I wonder why you people put yourself through all that pain, but then I realize, in the long run, you'll be much better off :colone:
Sometimes I wonder why you people put yourself through all that pain, but then I realize, in the long run, you'll be much better off :colone:

haha for me it's easier than for example English or Chemistry :biggrin: It just depends on your skill set :P

Quick Reply

Latest