Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    I'd say English Literature is one. It's not massively challenging as long as you know your texts. Your question is so subjective though

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is pure rubbish, English Lit is not one of the 'easiest'.

Questions are not subjective, they have a clear 'aspect of narrative' and a 'genre' you MUST know about to do well.

The texts you read can be quite challenging and to fully understand them you need to know a lot of context, quotes and critical material off by heart.

Eng Lit at A level is not a joke, you can be a master of the subject and come out with a D in the subject like so many people do because they think it's 'subjective' when actually there is a clear checklist to get the marks. A01/2/3/4.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can answer this question for you. What may be easy for one, may be difficult for another.
    Personally I found Chemistry easy (and more enjoyable) at A Level and taught myself. Yet in sixth form English Lit was one of the subjects I struggled with in class and in exams yet a lot of people would probably say English is easier than Chem.

ReputationRep:
    Maths by farrrrrrrrrrrrr. Chemistry and Biol are easy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marhaba)
    Please share your techniques
    Bum the syllabus, hard, relate everything back to fundamentals, take the time to learn/understand graphs and relations, and reference to the hilt, critically, plus with real world examples where possible. Beyond that, moderate analytical skills will carry you far

ReputationRep:
    when I mean respectable, I mean A levels like Maths, Economics, Biology, etc. Not like BTEC something or Art lol
    Psychology Geography Biology... Not sure on the 4th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    I'd say English Literature is one. It's not massively challenging as long as you know your texts. Your question is so subjective though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree :yep: I think English Lit is easy (but not without putting in some effort of course), didn't take as much as my other subjects (the sciences) and was the most enjoyable

ReputationRep:
    Easy is a matter of opinion.

Respectable: Depends on your degree and career choice, but I'd take Critical Thinking, General Studies, History of Art, Media/Film Studies, and Religious Studies off of the 'respectable' list. There are more, but there are a lot to list!
    Of course, it does depends on your future ambitions e.g. Religious Studies would be useful if wanted to become a Theologist, but a 'respectable' subject is usually one that is broadly useful and keep as many options open for you as possible.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lord Frieza)
    This is pure rubbish, English Lit is not one of the 'easiest'.

Questions are not subjective, they have a clear 'aspect of narrative' and a 'genre' you MUST know about to do well.

The texts you read can be quite challenging and to fully understand them you need to know a lot of context, quotes and critical material off by heart.

Eng Lit at A level is not a joke, you can be a master of the subject and come out with a D in the subject like so many people do because they think it's 'subjective' when actually there is a clear checklist to get the marks. A01/2/3/4.
    Should have made it clear that it's an opinion

I meant the thread question is subjective

It doesn't have difficult concepts like maths and science though. I agree that it's a challenge to memorise all the quotes

I don't think it's a joke at all, I adore the subject and respect it a lot, it's just easier to me than other subjects. I agree with that, it's tough in terms of pleasing the examiner!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Super199)
    General Studies or Critical Thinking can't get enough of that and apparently "it looks good when applying to Uni"...
    Yeah- teachers at 6th form always say this. The head of my old 6th form springs to mind here. But they talk out their arse though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Probably Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further Maths or Biology. Or at least that's the combination which requires the least work.

ReputationRep:
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths. Easiest 4 imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    Maths, physics, computing, English lit. Didn't take English but it's one of my best subjects, so I imagine it would be easy

Unfortunately it's not! (English Lit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puella_optima)
    Unfortunately it's not! (English Lit)
    Oh dear, why not? Exam technique?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    Oh dear, why not? Exam technique?
    The exam is pretty demanding. I've applied for history but out of all my A levels find maths 'easiest' because once a question is done, thats it. One right answer. Whereas meeting all for A0 1/2/3/4 requirements for the others isn't a walk in the park.

Literary terminology is somewhat of a ***** too At times.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? How the heck is Maths easy? And Physics? And even Computing? you clearly can't read lol
    Easiness is completely subjective, rendering this thread essentially pointless...

I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths, and English Literature for A Level, and found Maths the easiest and English Literature the hardest. Maths had a reputation for being one of the easiest A Levels at the school I went to.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done enough subjects to think of four, but biology would definitely be one of them. Although I find it amusing that you think that art is an easy and soft subject, I did all sciences and maths and I can guarantee I would not do anywhere near as well in art as I did in those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puella_optima)
    The exam is pretty demanding. I've applied for history but out of all my A levels find maths 'easiest' because once a question is done, thats it. One right answer. Whereas meeting all for A0 1/2/3/4 requirements for the others isn't a walk in the park.

Literary terminology is somewhat of a ***** too At times.
    Yeah, I always hated the mark schemes for essay subjects :/

ReputationRep:
    English Lit (AQA B) is a lot of work for me haha. The lessons might not seem difficult but the exam is pretty nightmarish.
    Maths is good, do maths.

ReputationRep:
    Economics, Geography, Biology and English Lit

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.