Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Robin and Ted end up together

Name:  BTHlyolCIAALVF2.png
Views: 90
Size:  465.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jezebelle)
    Plus if the mother was dead you'd think the kids would actually want to hear the story.
    I've been looking for people I can talk to about the dead mother theory (I lost my HIMYM partner last year )! I'm getting worried that I'm starting to believe it, but I'm clinging on to the idea that if she was dead, the kids wouldn't be so uninterested in the story.

(Original post by daisychain_)
    I really hope Robin and Ted end up together

Name:  BTHlyolCIAALVF2.png
Views: 90
Size:  465.9 KB

That picture is what Ted feels, that Robin is who he can't be with and things will never be as good as they would be with her. But the point of the show is that Ted is wrong, and when he meets the mother everything changes.

ReputationRep:
    Been watching on the internet for months, E4 really need to get their act together with acquiring shows when they air. This series is very poor on the whole, but has some excellent standout episodes. The most recent episode, the 200th created called "How Your Mother Met Me" is probably the best episode of the show in years. Have fun waiting 4 months for that one to come out in the UK though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    I've been looking for people I can talk to about the dead mother theory (I lost my HIMYM partner last year )! I'm getting worried that I'm starting to believe it, but I'm clinging on to the idea that if she was dead, the kids wouldn't be so uninterested in the story.

That picture is what Ted feels, that Robin is who he can't be with and things will never be as good as they would be with her. But the point of the show is that Ted is wrong, and when he meets the mother everything changes.
    I think that Ted will always love Robin, there will proably be a scenario where Robin wants to get back with him but he says he loves the mother etc etc, but if Robin had wanted the same things he had wanted at the right time they would have stayed together. Even in the later series he still clings onto her and refers to how she doesnt want the same things he does like children.

I'm probably getting far too emotionally involved with HIMYM

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the new episode

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seems like both the Mother and Ted are now ready to meet each other (if we presume that bit at the end of the episode was Ted letting go of Robin)

ReputationRep:
    E4 TONIGHT YOU GUYS!!!!

I wore my "it's going to be Legen-wait for it-Dary" shirt to Sixth Form today to celebrate/get hyped!!!

:excited::excited::excited::excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Just watched the new episode

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seems like both the Mother and Ted are now ready to meet each other (if we presume that bit at the end of the episode was Ted letting go of Robin) And seeing as the next episode is called "The Lighthouse" i'm sure they will finally meet.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm pretty sure they don't actually meet until the train station, aside from Ted seeing her playing at the wedding. I bet they won't meet until the last episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm pretty sure they don't actually meet until the train station, aside from Ted seeing her playing at the wedding. I bet they won't meet until the last episode.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Actually you're probably right. I'd forgotten that the last flashback/forward (flashforward to a point that is also in the past ) to them at the top of the lighthouse was the proposal.

And Ted said "Why couldn't it have been you here with me two years ago?"

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.