Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Just how much longer is the UK media gonna spam us with the Katie Piper sob story? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucasMoura)
    dictionary[.]reference[.]com/browse/sociopath

Not all sociopaths manipulate, they just tend to when they want something.

I love how you have to keep deleting and editing your idiotic comments btw. Try to think before you type, it's easier that way
    Why can't I edit my comments? Lol.

I would understand the problem if I changed the meaning of what I wrote. However, I am just adding onto the comment.

Anyway, try not to copy what I write and read what you quote.

I didn't say that all Sociopaths manipulate.

I said "Sociopaths manipulate people to gain what they want".

That still makes you an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee342)
    I see absolutely no point in this thread. Clearly you care, or you wouldn't be talking about it. Are said articles affecting you personally?!
    As someone who is physically scarred, I find her quite inspiring, but there you go.
    Yes I do care, I care about having to read her sob story every year. I can admit that.

What exactly do you find inspiring about her may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I didn't say that all Sociopaths manipulate.

I said "Sociopaths manipulate people to gain what they want" and then agreed with me.
    Jesus. Do you have any understanding of the English language whatsoever?

Edit: Lol you edited your idiocy out AGAIN! Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do care, I care about having to read her sob story every year. I can admit that.

Don't read it then. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    So having no empathy means you think someone deserved what happened to them?

I feel like you are trying your hardest to be offended. I don't want to debate with you.
    To rephrase his question, why does she not deserve empathy and compassion then? How much does a person have to suffer to gain empathy or compassion from you?

And no-one's forcing you to read about her, its not hard to just skip onto the next article.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it isn't my problem if you effectively copy what I write and then pretend it is different.

I wrote:

"Sociopaths manipulate people to gain what they want"

You wrote:

"Not all sociopaths manipulate, they just tend to when they want something"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldGhost)
    Don't read it then. Simple.
    Hey little fascist! Stop trying to change my opinion on things. Stop trying to make me more empathetic to things!

I asked 2 clear questions, one in my title and one in my OP. Answer them or go to another thread. Thanks.

ReputationRep:

Edit: Lol you edited your idiocy out AGAIN! Hahaha
    Like I said before….I always edit. ( I just edited again)

If it changed what I meant then I would understand….but if it was so idiotic then you shouldn't copy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Well, it isn't my problem if you effectively copy what I write and then pretend it is different.

I wrote:

"Sociopaths manipulate people to gain what they want"

You wrote:

"Not all sociopaths manipulate, they just tend to when they want something"
    Exactly and there's nothing I have to gain from this thread to need to manipulate people over. So therefore your entire premise is nonsense. Goodbye!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly and there's nothing I have to gain from this thread to need to manipulate people over. So therefore your entire premise is nonsense. Goodbye!
    Except that you started arguing over the definition of Sociopath or Sociopathic behaviour which has nothing to do with whether you have anything to gain from this post.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely feel massively sorry for her. The only other thing I would say though, is that after the point when she stayed with him, despite him having stabbed her in the arm (requiring her to go to hospital), I think it is apparent that her attraction to dangerousness or bad boys or whatever kind of outweighed her smarts or survival capabilities.

Let's just say I was into dominantrix women, I would still be right onto the police if I got stabbed in the arm. If he had her on drugs as well though then I can still kind of get it.

ReputationRep:
    She was a right munter to begin with, to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Some chav started hanging out with a thug and got acid threw in her face.

Do people actually care?

This story has been brought up constantly throughout the years and there was an article in the mirror about it on Saturday.

The only thing women can take from her experience is stop trying to get by on your looks your whole life.
    Ok firstly, yes, you have no empathy whatsoever. Secondly, it's not a sob story. A sob story is someone trying to get sympathy for something irrelevant, whereas she got acid thrown in her face.

Also so I looked up that article you mentioned, that was about something completely different! It was about a twitter troll who said something horrible to her, something that generally appears in the news quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    Ok firstly, yes, you have no empathy whatsoever. Secondly, it's not a sob story. A sob story is someone trying to get sympathy for something irrelevant, whereas she got acid thrown in her face.

Also so I looked up that article you mentioned, that was about something completely different! It was about a twitter troll who said something horrible to her, something that generally appears in the news quite a lot.
    Oh a twitter troll said something to her? Oh jesus, what a story!

I didn't read it obviously. Tired of seeing her face.

ReputationRep:

You don't have to read it, no one's making you.

She's raising awareness and people talk **** about her and the way she looks and she doesn't care. I'm not saying she's the most inspiring person out there, or that she's the only person who's had anything like this happen, but I completely understand why people look up to her.

ReputationRep:
    Oh a twitter troll said something to her? Oh jesus, what a story!

I didn't read it obviously. Tired of seeing her face.
    Well it's the Mirror isn't it? They aren't exactly an amazing newspaper..

I don't recall seeing her in the news much to be honest, why do you make out like she appears all the time?

ReputationRep:
    You're missing the point I think

yes she is one person and this has happened to many other people, but she in a way, represents those people. She is a figurehead for all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Hello...? I just got here. Is this the thread for hatin' on women?
    No. That's the other thread. This is the thread for hating a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    Woah. This is unneeded, it isn't a sob story. What happened has changed her life a lot, until you are in her shoes don't backlash the media for trying to support her.
    Would you say its the best thing that could have happened to her?

Trying to word this right so I don"t get branded a troll. But is it?

Since the acid attack she has become a minor celebrity and gets magazine/newspaper deals. Does stuff on This Morning etc. An easy way to make a good living. I don't know what she did before but perhaps this was a case of short term pain long term gain.

I'm not condoning acid attacks by any means.

Its a bit like African Americans. They have brilliant opportunities and are living in the greatest country in the world because of the horror their ancestors endured. Perhaps they should be more grateful forthe slave trade. I'd rather live in the US them some West African country whilr somebody I never knew may have had a horrible life I don' t so maybe I should shut up and be grateful for what I have. Though thats probably a topic for another thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Hello...? I just got here. Is this the thread for hatin' on women?
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    No. That's the other thread. This is the thread for hating a woman.
    Thanks for correcting the feminist bigot trying to claim this is an attack on every female in the world, but I don't even hate Katie Piper either. I just look down on her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.