Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livssouthwell)
    Hey,

I've firmed, and studying Accounting and Finance, and am with CODE accommodation !
    I'm doing the same course too,and applying for CODE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marpw)
    I'm staying at CODE too! I was also worried about not enough freshers there, but it seems like we gonna be plenty Freshers week starts at the 22nd, so when does everyone thinking of moving in?
    I've just booked my accomodation!
    Can't wait! I'm in block C western road

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marpw)
    I'm staying at CODE too! I was also worried about not enough freshers there, but it seems like we gonna be plenty Freshers week starts at the 22nd, so when does everyone thinking of moving in?
    Can't wait for freshers week, possibly the 20th September! you?

ReputationRep:
    That's great I got a place in block D

I'm thinking of moving in around the same time between the 18-20. that gives me enough time to explore Leicester, look for job opportunities etc. before Fresher's. With code, if you wanted to, you could move in from the 1st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marpw)

I'm thinking of moving in around the same time between the 18-20. that gives me enough time to explore Leicester, look for job opportunities etc. before Fresher's. With code, if you wanted to, you could move in from the 1st.
    Hiya, I'm just wondering do you know any one else that hasn't booked to stay anywhere and wants to stay at code with you, im trying to re-let a room because I'm not coming back to DMU next year because of personal reasons, so if you know any one please feel free to pm me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimmmil)
    I'm doing the same course too,and applying for CODE
    hiya, if you haven't booked yet, i have a room that I need to re-let because I'm not returning to DMU next year for personal reasons, if you would like the information pm me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marpw)

I was thinking around that time too probably the 20th so that I can have a hand from my parents moving in

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for product and furniture design

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marpw)

Yeah that sounds like a good idea Cant wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marpw)
    Awww yiss! haha my worries are over!
    I'm thinking of coming around the 20th but think I'd want to be there for International Week. Might be fun.

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed for Creative Writing and English and about to book in CODE not sure which one to go with though! Help??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganroseboyle)
    I noticed there isn't really a proper thread for this, so instead of checking every week or so I decided to start one.

Who's firmed De Montfort? And what are you studying? Also what are your plans for accommodation?

I've firmed De Montfort and I hope to be studying Journalism (single honours). Is anyone else going to be studying Journalism at DMU?
    I've firmed DMU and I live in Leicester so all good and local! But I've heard CODE accommodation is pretty damn good? oo and im planning on doing Business information systems.... very excited to get started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernsteele)
    I've firmed for Creative Writing and English and about to book in CODE not sure which one to go with though! Help??
    I've picked Western Road for the simple reason that it's next to a quiet nice Park and river. There is a cinema room there were you can play movies & chill also there is a small free gym at Western Road and Upperton Road as well which can be great for a little cardio. In terms of walking distance all of them are almost identical. I would say just go with the one that you like the location of, nothing else is really different between the three.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was booking mine I wasn't sure, but I was told by the lady that Western Road has all the amenities and the people booked at the other buildings would need to share the one in the Western Road building. I picked it because of that but also because there's way more room options so I figured there'd be more people to meet

ReputationRep:
    I've just booked with Western Road! So will hopefully see you guys in September

ReputationRep:
    Great choice :P yes, September can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning to study Business Information Systems/ICT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which block!

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed journalism and film studies (jh) and as I already live in leicester but am moving to halls I'm being a hugely picky ***** about where I live..

Looking at mansion court this week and keen on that - but worried there won't be many first years? Anyone else thinking of that?

ReputationRep:
    Turns out western road is fully booked so now I'll be at Upperton road instead! Just hope there will be other freshens there as well!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.