Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

French a level Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloevictoria)
    A 'B' grade is fab!

I'm not really good with learning by rhyming things and making codes and stuff to help me revise..

but I found this quiz on irregular past participles really useful:
    http://www.sporcle.com/games/tromer/french_past_part
    how do you play this game? im struggling do you need to use accents? if so how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karoel)
    Thanks for that

Coudre and acquerir were surprisingly hard ;(
    I'm a bit late to the thread I know but I really wanted to ask how you found french as level. I'm planning on doing it next year and would like to know what you think, how much of a step up is it from gcse (I'm hoping for a secure a*) and is there any advice you have for making the best start to the course?
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiseDB42)
    I'm a bit late to the thread I know but I really wanted to ask how you found french as level. I'm planning on doing it next year and would like to know what you think, how much of a step up is it from gcse (I'm hoping for a secure a*) and is there any advice you have for making the best start to the course?
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think regardless of what you get a GCSE the jump is huge. It's a very difficult step up, as you have to learn all the grammar and how to formulate arguments, conversations etc. however don't let me put you off. I love French, and when you're past the first couple of months you start to see results. I would advise you to stick at it if you do take it as many drop in the first few weeks. AS is harder than A2, as you learn pretty much everything in the first year so after that it just improves! If you're hoping for an A* I would definitely say go for it as it's my most rewarding A level. Good luck and I hope that helps 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviaysanne)
    I think regardless of what you get a GCSE the jump is huge. It's a very difficult step up, as you have to learn all the grammar and how to formulate arguments, conversations etc. however don't let me put you off. I love French, and when you're past the first couple of months you start to see results. I would advise you to stick at it if you do take it as many drop in the first few weeks. AS is harder than A2, as you learn pretty much everything in the first year so after that it just improves! If you're hoping for an A* I would definitely say go for it as it's my most rewarding A level. Good luck and I hope that helps ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds fair I love French too so hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as I think I will, then the hard work won't drag quite so much! Thankyou very much, that's some fab advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiseDB42)
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an A* at GCSE and it's definitely a massive step to A level. I'd say don't let yourself forget much French over the summer as I did this and on my first lesson back I could hardly remember some really easy stuff. Also if your sixth form/college has a French assistant, make sure you see them when you have to. I didn't do this in year 12 because our assistant was awful but this year he's been fab and I've really improved my oral skills.
    But overall it's a great A level, I'd definitely recommend it. Bonne chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyruse)
    I got an A* at GCSE and it's definitely a massive step to A level. I'd say don't let yourself forget much French over the summer as I did this and on my first lesson back I could hardly remember some really easy stuff. Also if your sixth form/college has a French assistant, make sure you see them when you have to. I didn't do this in year 12 because our assistant was awful but this year he's been fab and I've really improved my oral skills.
    But overall it's a great A level, I'd definitely recommend it. Bonne chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Merci beaucoup! That's good to know yeah I think I'll definitely keep it up over the summer, forgetting would not be good!? I think I'm looking forward to it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys thanks for everything! I was retaking the AS exam a know it's time to focus on A2

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.