Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

After Gay Marriage, Shellfish next abomination to be legalised Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    Oh no I understand what you meant. I'm just saying regardless, whatever rule christianity has on anything, they should only impact christians, not everybody else in a society. Assuming it's a society with freedom of religion that is.
    ooh i thought you were disputing what i was saying. tbh i don't think that mariage should be a legal... why should it matter to them who lives with whom. but again i can see why they do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottled)
    ooh i thought you were disputing what i was saying. tbh i don't think that mariage should be a legal... why should it matter to them who lives with whom. but again i can see why they do it
    Well, marriage had nothing to do with religion. They just took it and claimed it theirs.

It should not concern the state at all. If you want to marry only a certain (type) of person(s) for whatever reason (religion, sexism, sexual preference, money, love, sex, etc) then sure the hell do it as long as it's (a) legal adult(s) you're marrying to with his/her/their consent.

It is, and should be, essentially a civil contract with self-defined clauses. If the state wants nuclear families, then reward those who actually house children, not those who merely signed a document which does not lead to one.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You also like the big D, ie Richard Dawkins? :eek: He has so many followers...
    Something tells me that's not the kind of D he was referring to. :mmm:

It's never ceased to amaze me how some Christians justify their prejudice through a Jewish text written centuries ago; Leviticus being the go-to chapter of the Bible for hardcore Christians rejecting homosexuality. What many fail to realise, though, is that Jesus himself never said anything about homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this said "Sheffield" at first.

ReputationRep:
    You also like the big D, ie Richard Dawkins? :eek: He has so many followers...
    I love all his works on Evoltuitonary Biology the man has a gift and I can't wait for his next work in the field.

He is a painfully bad Philosopher and Theologian however.

I'm just saying I was under the impression that all the homophobic mentions followed the Old Testament (ie either from them, or a result of the mentions from it).
    Nay sadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)

It's never ceased to amaze me how some Christians justify their prejudice through a Jewish text written centuries ago; Leviticus being the go-to chapter of the Bible for hardcore Christians rejecting homosexuality. What many fail to realise, though, is that Jesus himself never said anything about homosexuality.
    Paul however did, and Christianity is as much based on the Theology of Paul as it is on the words of Christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    I love all his works on Evoltuitonary Biology the man has a gift and I can't wait for his next work in the field.

He is a painfully bad Philosopher and Theologian however.
    Notice I did say 'follower' not 'fan'.

So you indeed follow the big D.

---

I fear he doesn't seem to be planning to publish any book in the field, seeing how his latest work is the first part of his autobiography. (And that I doubt he has the research funding as well as equipments needed for anything major now that he's no longer a hired academic.)

ReputationRep:
    Paul however did, and Christianity is as much based on the Theology of Paul as it is on the words of Christ.
    So you indeed were referring to Paul. When I said the ideas were developed from the OT, I meant they came from Paul's (and all his imposters) interpretation which in many ways was based on the OT.

So were they not?

ReputationRep:
    So you indeed were referring to Paul. When I said the ideas were developed from the OT, I meant they came from Paul's (and all his imposters) interpretation which in many ways was based on the OT.

So were they not?
    Nope they were New Testament themes, Paul was rigid in his rejection of the OT and it's standards.

ReputationRep:
    Nope they were New Testament themes, Paul was rigid in his rejection of the OT and it's standards.
    OIC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)

Jesus is just a spokesperson for the brand. Like with all other spokespersons of everything else, their opinions do not matter.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf am I reading?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.