Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

I can't even get over how overrated Breaking Bad is Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    Yes, but only very briefly.
    If you could get past episode 5 of series 1, I guarantee that you would love it. It's like... a fantasy for people who hate fantasy? I'd say it was closer to a political thriller than lord of the rings tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthemiller)
    If you could get past episode 5 of series 1, I guarantee that you would love it. It's like... a fantasy for people who hate fantasy? I'd say it was closer to a political thriller than lord of the rings tbh
    I might give it a shot, thanks. I have so many TV shows I plan to watch but not enough time to fit them all in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    So the first two series I got through very very slowly, usually when I discover new series I get through them very quickly but I found it difficult to get into and boring. I only got through it because I was told it gets amazing but throughout the entire rest of the tv show I've been waiting for this point and it just hasn't happened. It has been a decent watch but far below my expectations.. hell there was one episode dedicated to swatting a fly..

Anyone agree? Game of Thrones is far superior.
    I definitely agree with you there. I consider it to be the single most overrated TV show that I've heard of. The story develops way too slowly, there's just way too much pointless and boring filler content. I too started watching it based on recommendations from people and from all the reviews which rated the show very highly. I was extremely disappointed. I thought it was slightly better in the beginning, and I absolutely can't deny that the show has a number of really great moments and scenes, but they're very rare. There are a few good scenes, some good characters, and some decent episodes, but 90% of the show is just filler trash, so the show is just simply trash overall, and easily one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. It was incredibly boring to have to sit through entire episodes of watching Skylar and Marie moan and complain. It was annoying watching 5 minute scenes of characters staring silently into empty space. I think they tried to make the show quirky or edgy...but they failed miserably. It just ended up being a really trashy show. The ending of the series was...pure garbage, and a fitting end to such a trashy show. I'm not forgetting that the show has some really great moments, as I've said several times. But you have to sit through 90% filler boring trash just to get to a good scene, and that is what makes the show trashy.

Game of Thrones is a little bit better in my opinion. But Game of thrones still suffers from the same problems as Breaking Bad, and they are as follows:
    1) The plot moves forward much too slowly. I'm not asking for a plot twist or a major event every episode, but a lot of the time it will take 5 or so episodes to build up to point where the plot moves forward or develops/changes.
    2) There's simply too much filler for my liking. Unnecessary content that serves no purpose, is completely irrelevant and boring and doesn't move the story forward.
    3) It has an extremely annoying character in Tyrion Lannister. I've come so close to just abandoning the show just because of that dumb character. Annoying and stupid.

Overall, I have to say that Game of Thrones is a show of really poor quality. It's a combination of poor quality writing and some poor quality characters/acting. It's certainly not very exciting or engaging, mostly boring except for a handful of decent scenes and one or two decent episodes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    I definitely agree with you there. I consider it to be the single most overrated TV show that I've heard of. The story develops way too slowly, there's just way too much pointless and boring filler content. I too started watching it based on recommendations from people and from all the reviews which rated the show very highly. I was extremely disappointed. I thought it was slightly better in the beginning, and I absolutely can't deny that the show has a number of really great moments and scenes, but they're very rare. There are a few good scenes, some good characters, and some decent episodes, but 90% of the show is just filler trash, so the show is just simply trash overall, and easily one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. It was incredibly boring to have to sit through entire episodes of watching Skylar and Marie moan and complain. It was annoying watching 5 minute scenes of characters staring silently into empty space. I think they tried to make the show quirky or edgy...but they failed miserably. It just ended up being a really trashy show. The ending of the series was...pure garbage, and a fitting end to such a trashy show. I'm not forgetting that the show has some really great moments, as I've said several times. But you have to sit through 90% filler boring trash just to get to a good scene, and that is what makes the show trashy.

Game of Thrones is a little bit better in my opinion. But Game of thrones still suffers from the same problems as Breaking Bad, and they are as follows:
    1) The plot moves forward much too slowly. I'm not asking for a plot twist or a major event every episode, but a lot of the time it will take 5 or so episodes to build up to point where the plot moves forward or develops/changes.
    2) There's simply too much filler for my liking. Unnecessary content that serves no purpose, is completely irrelevant and boring and doesn't move the story forward.
    3) It has an extremely annoying character in Tyrion Lannister. I've come so close to just abandoning the show just because of that dumb character. Annoying and stupid.

Overall, I have to say that Game of Thrones is a show of really poor quality. It's a combination of poor quality writing and some poor quality characters/acting. It's certainly not very exciting or engaging, mostly boring except for a handful of decent scenes and one or two decent episodes.
    Hahahahaha

a) tyrion is a boss
    b) maybe you'd prefer the things they're showing on cbbc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    I might give it a shot, thanks. I have so many TV shows I plan to watch but not enough time to fit them all in!
    I know the pain

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same in regards to Breaking Bad, suffering through a slow plot is physically painful. I could see the appeal, but personally, I'm much more of a 'Sons Of Anarchy' and 'Weeds' person.

Game of Thrones is one of the best TV shows I've ever watched, I felt compelled to keep watching even though the pilot wasn't the best thing ever... The whole fantasy element doesn't even register with me, it's much more political and I just love the character interactions and history behind it, after finishing season 3 I read all the books in a few weeks. Absolutely love the GoT world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    I definitely agree with you there. I consider it to be the single most overrated TV show that I've heard of. The story develops way too slowly, there's just way too much pointless and boring filler content. I too started watching it based on recommendations from people and from all the reviews which rated the show very highly. I was extremely disappointed. I thought it was slightly better in the beginning, and I absolutely can't deny that the show has a number of really great moments and scenes, but they're very rare. There are a few good scenes, some good characters, and some decent episodes, but 90% of the show is just filler trash, so the show is just simply trash overall, and easily one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. It was incredibly boring to have to sit through entire episodes of watching Skylar and Marie moan and complain. It was annoying watching 5 minute scenes of characters staring silently into Like my first and I'll like yours back instantly ☺️☺️☺️ space. I think they tried to make the show quirky or edgy...but they failed miserably. It just ended up being a really trashy show. The ending of the series was...pure garbage, and a fitting end to such a trashy show. I'm not forgetting that the show has some really great moments, as I've said several times. But you have to sit through 90% filler boring trash just to get to a good scene, and that is what makes the show trashy.

TV Tyrion is likable IMO, he's far more annoying in the books, I still love him as a character though.

ReputationRep:
    For me, Breaking Bad is the second best tv show I've watched, and Game of Thrones the third.

Strangely, I couldn't get into Sopranos. I watched the first season and 3 episodes of the second, and then gave up.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Bad was something entirely new: it was bad tv made with extraordinarily high production values, MacGyver redone by the RSC. The acting and cinematography were terrific and allowed us to feel good about the fact that we were watching a show with cliffhangers and silly shoot-outs and implausible escapes done with 'science'.

I enjoyed it enormously, mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    game of thrones is the overrated one if you ask me, i feel asleep during the first episode.
    Overrated? It's my absolute number 1 sleep aid, just ahead of Brian Cox and way out infront of zopiclone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    For me, Breaking Bad is the second best tv show I've watched, and Game of Thrones the third.

Strangely, I couldn't get into Sopranos. I watched the first season and 3 episodes of the second, and then gave up.
    What's the first?

ReputationRep:
    The Wire of course 😎

ReputationRep:
    I love both breaking bad and game of thrones. I dont think you can really compare them?

However I agree that the first couple of seasons of Breaking Bad are tedious. But series 3/4 are probably the best series of television I have ever watched

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthemiller)
    Hahahahaha

a) tyrion is a boss
    b) maybe you'd prefer the things they're showing on cbbc
    What's wrong with Tracey Beaker?

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? Game of Thrones is a shambolic disaster of a show. There is literally nothing more overrated on TV - no-one even watches it for anything except a) it is willing to kill important characters and b) gratuitous violence and sex. What is the value of Game of Thrones? It is not exactly literature. (I beg to be proved wrong?) House of Cards is in a different class.

And so, I think, is Breaking Bad. I agree that the first two seasons are shockingly boring. Maybe even the third is pretty much a waste of time. Read the Wikipedia for the first three and watch Seasons 4 and 5, and let's see if you still think Game of Thrones even comes close.

ReputationRep:
    So the first two series I got through very very slowly, usually when I discover new series I get through them very quickly but I found it difficult to get into and boring. I only got through it because I was told it gets amazing but throughout the entire rest of the tv show I've been waiting for this point and it just hasn't happened. It has been a decent watch but far below my expectations.. hell there was one episode dedicated to swatting a fly..

Can't please everyone I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as your username comes from one of the most painfully awful series' of tv ever produced, I think we can safely discount your opinion when it comes to judging the quality of tv.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Overrated is when few people like something yet it keeps getting hyped up or the greatnesss show is over exaggerated(e.g "best show in the world"). Breaking doesn't meet this description, most people like it, and rate the show very well. But as with any show not everyone will like it, you can't impress everyone.

ReputationRep:
    It is good, but I agree that it is overrated. There are many better shows, including Game of Thrones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacobMcLaughlin)
    It is good, but I agree that it is overrated. There are many better shows, including Game of Thrones.
    And? What else?

I don't know how anyone can call breaking bad boring and then go on to say sopranos as their favourite show either

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.