Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

whats so special about the Mona Lisa Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdulahi)
    whats so wonderful about the painting ?
    Art and beauty is subjective, what you find beautiful i may not and vice versa. I find bald women sexy, you might like lots of hair. I like the mona lisa, you may prefer some mone or van gough, its all fine.

Simply in this case, for whatever reason a lot of people like her smile..its no biggy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    Art and beauty is subjective, what you find beautiful i may not and vice versa. I find bald women sexy, you might like lots of hair. I like the mona lisa, you may prefer some mone or van gough, its all fine.

Simply in this case, for whatever reason a lot of people like her smile..its no biggy.
    I heard it is also because it was the first portrait of that manner to have been done, i.e 3/4 pose.

Also the style at which it was painted.

I think we all know that is bull**** though.
    The Mona Lisa is popular because it is popular.

Before the Mona Lisa was stolen it was as popular as ****.
    When someone stole it everyone starts wondering why so when it got recovered everyone wanted to see what was so special about it and it caught on.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.