Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

12 year old is UK's youngest mother. Watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Um, the only thing I think this tells us is that 'statistics can have significant outliers'?

Is this graph age at giving birth?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how this necessitates being angry or outraged.

I think it's quite sad that the girl has had to make this decision so young and may miss out on a "normal" teenage life, but now that it's done we may as well wish them the best. It's good that the father wants to be involved, and it's good that she has support from her parents. Hopefully everyone will be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottled)
    the grandmother is 27 years old, meaning she was around 16-14 when she had teh kid lmao
    Apparently young mums often have mothers who were also young parents. Taking all bets that the granddaughter tops her mothers record and comes in with twins at age 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aivicore)
    I don't see how this necessitates being angry or outraged.
    i suppose stupidity like this annoys people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottled)
    i suppose stupidity like this annoys people
    Why? It doesn't affect you.

There's also little basis for calling it "stupid" besides the likelihood that neither mother nor child will lead "average" lives. That doesn't mean they won't be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Why do we allow children who have babies to raise them? I mean, it is great that in this case the family is supportive, but they have already demonstrated an inability to parent properly. This is just clearly insane, and there needs to be something in place that protects the children - all 3 of them - in these scenarios. How can kids who are that young be allowed to consent to being a parent? They should not have that legal right, and their parents allowing them to raise the child is just abusive - on the new child and on the 12 year old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeroic)
    Disgusting, children are sexualized so young these days, and how can the parents be proud, if that was my child by god I don't know what I'd do.

Yes! This represents a massive problem with over-sexualisation in this country. Kids are way too exposed to sex at such a young age. At my mums school most of the girls have Nicki Minaj as their role models. It is a worry but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    So now I have to work even harder to pay for their benefits :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edo123)
    So now I have to work even harder to pay for their benefits :headbang:
    Yes, great isnt it. :-(

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no surprise. There will be 10-yr-old British mom in the future. Wanna bet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aivicore)
    Why? It doesn't affect you.

There's also little basis for calling it "stupid" besides the likelihood that neither mother nor child will lead "average" lives. That doesn't mean they won't be happy.
    not directly, but some things irk people. seeing people doing silly things makes you feel slightly disapointed or irked.
    Like if someone were to make a thread saying something like 'I cheated on my girlfriend and liked it' would you not be there to say 'you're a terrible person' or 'you're an idiot' or something, even though it won't directly affect you?

and yes it is stupid, it's an avoidable event. they gave up their "average" lives and took on a financial burden, which would have to be picked up on by their parents as a result of their foolishness. They had unprotected sex and all despite their father talking to them about it and the dangers of it. yes it is silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeroic)
    It's an issue to care about teenage pregnancy, especially considering Britain has one of the highest in Europe
    This isn't a teen pregnancy. It's a preteen pregnancy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That...is kinda scary lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscounted_time)
    when I was in 11 I was still playing hide n seek and 1,2,3. Talk about feeling like an old fart
    "coming ready or not"....

ReputationRep:
    the **** how is that even possible, i mean to concieve whilst in primary school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    "coming ready or not"....
    haha lmao
    I'd rep you if I hadn't run out of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscounted_time)
    when I was in 11 I was still playing hide n seek and 1,2,3. Talk about feeling like an old fart
    I seem to remember my 12th year being filled less with smut and more with 'all we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ.'

Spoiler:
    Show
    Go on then, bonus linkdump:

ReputationRep:
    This is too funny.

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thats crazy. Idiots breed idiots though sadly. Shame on both of their parents

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.