Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Anybody feel like there is a lack of a decent central party? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    Bit stuck for names (and I really don't like 'The centre party') but progressive conservatism is described as:

'Progressive conservatism is a conservative ideology that incorporates moderate progressive ideas alongside conservative principles. While still supportive of capitalist society, it stresses the importance of government regulation in the interests of all citizens'
    Referring to Borgen (great show) some party names were;
    Solidarity party
    Progress party
    Moderates
    Freedom party

Of that list however, Solidarity was left wing, progress right wing, Freedom VERY right wing and moderates were centre.

ReputationRep:
    Party Proposal Link

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Referring to Borgen (great show) some party names were;
    Solidarity party
    Progress party
    Moderates
    Freedom party

Of that list however, Solidarity was left wing, progress right wing, Freedom VERY right wing and moderates were centre.
    Thanks for the suggestions! If the party gets formed, there will be a few rounds of voting to decide a party name.

ReputationRep:
    You say 'common sense' as if all other parties are deliberately deluded, I'm sure they'd all claim to be pragmatic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Party proposal link

On the MHoC, Labour and the Greens are both considerably more left wing than in real-life, the Tories are, well still quite right wing. The only party in between them are the Liberals, whom are mainly concerned with personal freedom. This leaves a massive gulf for a central party that wants to get away from partisan politics, and use a more common sense policy.

So is anyone else of a similar view, that there is a lack of a central party, or am I just a whiney git?

Crypto.
    Hey just to say that the Liberals we are not all just concerned with personal freedoms, but personal freedoms do make us have an centralises view of government, when possible keep it out of people's lives but when needed intervene.

Our EU policy is silicate to your, personally I am slightly to the right of some liberals and I totally agree with your EU policy as well as many others. I know there might be. Some people who have the in between view between the liberal and Tories but there is no point in halving both of their vote, since we are in coalition together, is that not the perfect coalition for you? As Bich said you are welcome to trail the Liberals if you want to as a duel member!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there was, I believe it was vaguely effective.
    But with thee decline of the LibDem party in RL effecting the TSR Liberals, there could be an opportunity. But who knows...
    The Liberals got 7 seats in the election before last, the Center Party i'm pretty sure never matched that.

Here are some policies which it would have:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Nationalisation:
    Introduce new rules which prevents any profitable part of the government or associated companies being privatised.
    Where there are competition concerns (e.g. energy) the government will set up a government owned competitor, which will keep costs for consumer much lower.
    Stall and reverse the privitisation of the NHS.
    EU:
    The party supports the European union as a trading union but does not agree with any more national sovereignty being handed over.

With TSRland currently running a £22bn surplus, it is time to reform thing like the armed forces and other areas. However the party will consider each policy on a standalone basis.
    We'll only be in surplus once budget measures have been passed.

Any ideas for a name for the proposal?
    I have:
    Democratic Conservatives.
    Democratic Party.
    Progressive Conservatives.
    Centrist Conservatives.
    Democratic Pragmatists.
    Any name with Conservative in the title is akin to copyright theft and a blatant attempt to steal our vote. I heavily oppose it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Any name with Conservative in the title is akin to copyright theft and a blatant attempt to steal our vote. I heavily oppose it.
    Chill , check the other thread.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This discussion can be continued here.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.