Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Who else despises beyonce? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red one)
    She is the most overrated artist in the history of music. She can sing but her demeanour is very off-putting so much so that I cringe when I see or hear her. She's a narcissist, I mean what sort of person styles themselves as Queen though I suppose if I was called queen by every idiot fan I'd start to believe it too.

Just something about her I find very grating. And I think her whole miss perfect image is a big fat lie. She tries to be this big humanitarian/feminist fighter but yet she's half naked and always gyrating in her music videos.

Is it just me?

One more thing why is she married to Jay Z it's certainly not for looks.
    She in obviously married to Jay Z for the money, I don't blame her, he's like the third richest person in their industry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Velvet)
    Lol because ruining someone elses moment makes sense. For arguments sake let's say that you won at synchronised swimming but some douchebag who didn't even compete gatecrashes the moment you're about to collect your trophy?

Kanye was a ******** and I don't even like Taylor Swift.
    If I somehow won despite an opponent perfoming far better then I would understand why a drunk person would come and protest that their friend should have won

ReputationRep:
    I think she's insanely talented and love many of her songs.
    However, it does seem like every female my age is programmed to worship her and put her on this pedestal, which I don't necessarily understand.

ReputationRep:
    I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who thinks she is overrated like sure she is talented and pretty ish but I don't get the hype same with rihanna and both used to be better in looks and the way their songs where (please don't kill me)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She is the most overrated artist in the history of music. She can sing but her demeanour is very off-putting so much so that I cringe when I see or hear her. She's a narcissist, I mean what sort of person styles themselves as Queen though I suppose if I was called queen by every idiot fan I'd start to believe it too.

Just something about her I find very grating. And I think her whole miss perfect image is a big fat lie. She tries to be this big humanitarian/feminist fighter but yet she's half naked and always gyrating in her music videos.

Is it just me?

I agree, she's like a robot to me. Just so fake and choreographed in everything she does.

I don't think she's overrated in music, she can sing dance etc and she's very talented in what she does. I just don't like the way she comes across, it's like she's always saying 'I'm perfect but I'm going to pretend I'm not perfect because I'm perfect and perfect people are humble'. Is she even human? I wouldn't be surprised if she was just a robot.

ReputationRep:

Is it just me?

Yeah I have to agree - even though I appreciate a wide range of music I have NEVER understood the Beyonce craze.

She does have a lot of arrogance about how sexy she is and I'd really prefer it if she would have some humility. I don't understand why she is viewed - and by many even revered - as a feminist symbol when she consistently sexualises herself.

Admittedly, the single ladies and crazy in love songs and videos are a laugh, but those are more what I would view to be jokey one hit wonders.

The worst thing was when she had the boldness to do that cover of Amy Winehouse's back to black after she died and it was so bad I could not listen. Amy was one of the most truthful, soulful, unique, talented, honest artists of our time, and I don't see how anyone would have the egoism to think they could replicate that. Just disastrous. The difference between Amy and Beyonce is Amy was genuinely in love with music - Beyonce with money and fame, from where I'm standing.

ReputationRep:
    Meh I'm not fussed but then I don't see her being raved about all the time on TV. Rihanna however is over rated IMO. Also not the kind of person I think looks attractive but millions do so....

ReputationRep:
    I understand that Cyril Knowles, who I assume is a relation, was a good footballer for Tottenham in his day.

ReputationRep:
    Well... She's attractive and sassy and that pays as much as having a good singing voice does, if not more.

ReputationRep:

Is it just me?

I have to agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    She in obviously married to Jay Z for the money, I don't blame her, he's like the third richest person in their industry.
    Doesn't she make enough of her own money though ? There must be more to it then that surely , gold diggers are usually broke.

She could have picked from a plethora of better looking wealthy men , I think people just want to deny the truth that not everyone is superficial.

ReputationRep:
    Most overrated ? Not by a long shot , the difference between her and most pop stars is she can actually sing well live.

Katy perry , britney , gaga , shakira , rihanna , selena gomez etc there are loads more who are terrible singers live and you often feel embarrassed watching them struggle.

That being said she has gone down hill after having her

ReputationRep:
    But shes amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    I swear she makes more than him though?

I think she married him cos of her daddy issues. She went from one controlling older man to another.

ReputationRep:
    Beyoncé actually has the success to back herself up. A lot more than Christina Aguilera trying to make her Legend​tina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownbearxo)
    I swear she makes more than him though?

I think she married him cos of her daddy issues. She went from one controlling older man to another.
    Nope, he makes more, but that does seem possible, he is very controlling, he could and should do better, but it's too late now aha

ReputationRep:
    Me . shes nothing more than a talented ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    Doesn't she make enough of her own money though ? There must be more to it then that surely , gold diggers are usually broke.

She could have picked from a plethora of better looking wealthy men , I think people just want to deny the truth that not everyone is superficial.
    That is the thing, people who ardent wealthy don't understand the power of wealth. Why would she settle for someone just because she makes enough money of her own when she can settle for someone who makes more money than her, together they're one of the richest (I think 2nd) couples in the music industry. The amount if power they hold as a couple is ridiculous compared to the amount they own individually.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she married Jay Z for money, maybe she just genuinely loves him? The way she talks about him in interviews and stuff certainly shows it. It could all be an act though idk and to be honest, I don't care....I think some of her music is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think Beyonce seem quite nice, but watching her perform irritates me.

I have never seen a sweaty bison, but I think Beyonce must resemble one.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.