The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Anyone else going to study Fashion Buying and Merchandising at UAL in September 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beej96
Where else are you applying?

Westminister, manchester uni, manchester met and lcf for visual merchandising and branding. What about you?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Emilycao
Westminister, manchester uni, manchester met and lcf for visual merchandising and branding. What about you?

Oh are you not doing fashion buying? Lcf, Westminster, manchester met, southampton solent and Demonfort.
Original post by Beej96
Oh are you not doing fashion buying? Lcf, Westminster, manchester met, southampton solent and Demonfort.

Yeah, visual merchandising and branding is just for my 5th choice. I don't have a 5th for buying
What are you studying right now?
business german and art you?
lcf gets 10 applications to 1 place on average urgh
Original post by annahale

I'm doing the ual level 3 art and design diploma
lcf gets 10 applications to 1 place on average urgh

Yeah at the open day they said they got over 500 applicants last year. The class is 50 people but 25 of is for international students.
Reply 27

Original post by Beej96

Westminister, Manchester uni, Manchester met and lcf for visual merchandising and branding because I don't have a 5th choice for buying
Original post by Beej96

applying for buying and merch at ual as well as international fashion management, then applying at westminster, uca and manchester met i think i haven't been to other open days yet but want to send my application off as fast as possible :frown:
Reply 30
applying for buying and merch at ual as well as international fashion management, then applying at westminster, uca and manchester met i think i haven't been to other open days yet but want to send my application off as fast as possible :frown:

Is there more spaces for other courses at lcf? Sixth form is checking ours next week, then sending them before Christmas. Do you have work experience?
Original post by Beej96
Is there more spaces for other courses at lcf? Sixth form is checking ours next week, then sending them before Christmas. Do you have work experience?

yeah international fashion management for example was 4:1 which is much less competitive and hopefully my language would give me an advantage... i have architecture work experience, work in river island and have worked in resteraunts and a hotel.. what about you?
Westminister, Manchester uni, Manchester met and lcf for visual merchandising and branding because I don't have a 5th choice for buying
did you go look at visual merchandising on the open day? i was going to and then ended up going to a different talk :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by Abbie_:)
Hi, I'm going to be studying Buying and Merchandising at LCF too -can't wait! :smile:

Good lord! what a mickey mouse degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Have you been to Westminster? Is it good?!
Reply 35
Original post by arija
Have you been to Westminster? Is it good?!

I visited the other week and it looked really good. They did a talk on the Fashion Buying Management Course! I'm hoping to either get a place at LCF or University of Westminster, but i know LCF is very competitive. Good luck!
Reply 36
Original post by MrMango
Good lord! what a mickey mouse degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And whats that sposed to mean
Reply 37
Original post by leatxo
And whats that sposed to mean

Guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38

If you mean that its Degree that isnt taken seriously than you are sadly mistaken
Reply 39
Original post by leatxo
If you mean that its Degree that isnt taken seriously than you are sadly mistaken

come on you dont need a degree in fashion to get into the industy.. I hold a fashion degree at the same level as a drama degree, not trying to be disrespectful to you or anything, sorry if it seemed that way.. its just my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending