Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Would you rather be superfat or superskinny? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Super skinny.

Having gone from being a little underweight to being obese i can say there are more societal constraints on the fat people than their are thin. Being skinny one can still look hot in clothes and probably has a normal enough face, being obese has done more to end my luck with women than receding early did.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    As above

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How skinny and how fat, first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    How skinny and how fat, first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Super

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enlightened_One)
    Why?
    Because I believe the thinner I am I stronger (mentally) I am. It's about willpower and determination.

Note: I don't believe this applies to anyone else.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :lol: as soon as I saw I'd been quoted, I knew that'd be the response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy Sawdust)
    People saying super skinny because "it'd be more fun to gain weight than lose it", you realise that you would likely have a tiny appetite and more than a few mouthfuls at once would make you feel incredibly sick?

Edit: also if were talking super skinny as in BMI < 15 you'd be a high risk of multiple organ failure, hair and teeth loss, osteoporosis etc
    This.

I sat at a worrying 14 -15 BMI for a while - I was extremely lucky in that it brought no symptoms other than general tiredness/ weakness - due to a combination of stress and illness (not an eating disorder.)

Putting on weight was immensely difficult. You often feel sick, to the point your stomach will sometimes reject the food you put into it, and you have practically no appetite, so you have to force food down to the point of gagging and dread meal times. You feel nauseous, tired, frail and cold constantly.

Imagine, when you have been at your most sick, and haven't been able to eat anything because the smell of any kind of food turns your stomach. Then someone pushes an enormous cheese pizza in front of you, and you have to eat all of it, and keep it down. But every day. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    It's like asking if I'd rather be super poor or super rich. Why on earth would anyone pick superfat?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    It's like asking if I'd rather be super poor or super rich. Why on earth would anyone pick superfat?
    It's not quite the same, as obviously super rich would be best whereas there are loads of health problems that come with either weight extremity!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Because I believe the thinner I am I stronger (mentally) I am. It's about willpower and determination.

Note: I don't believe this applies to anyone else.
    It sounds like you have an eating disorder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH)
    It sounds like you have an eating disorder.
    No **** Sherlock...

ReputationRep:
    No **** Sherlock...
    You seeing anyone about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychadelicScarf)
    You seeing anyone about that?
    Nah, NHS says I'm not ill enough.

ReputationRep:
    Super skinny.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwww *hugs*

I wish you all the luck in getting yourself healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy Sawdust)
    People saying super skinny because "it'd be more fun to gain weight than lose it", you realise that you would likely have a tiny appetite and more than a few mouthfuls at once would make you feel incredibly sick?

Edit: also if were talking super skinny as in BMI < 15 you'd be a high risk of multiple organ failure, hair and teeth loss, osteoporosis etc
    This :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychadelicScarf)
    Awwwwww *hugs*

I wish you all the luck in getting yourself healthy.
    Thanks. But healthy isn't a thing that I think is possible for me. I don't remember being healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. But healthy isn't a thing that I think is possible for me. I don't remember being healthy.
    What is it you find so unhealthy? Like, why do you think you have an eating disorder?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Super skinny

ReputationRep:
    Super skinny!

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: it's so ridiculous that the NHS does this. Eugh. You wouldn't turn away someone with cancer just because it isn't 'bad' enough -___-. Have you watched any of LouFederer's videos on YouTube? I personally find her very helpful to watch at times, maybe you will too she has quite a lot on her Anorexia journey and how she overcame it. (also I please hope you don't take any offence to this, just trying to help ).

I hope you get the support you need soon :hugs:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.