Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am also waiting for them to open the application webpage. Last year same time it was already possible to apply. Has anyone got further information?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am also waiting for the application page to open. Does anyone knows how many positions are to be filled? Is it too difficult to be selected?
    I am currently studying for the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and i sit my last two courses in April.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure it will be more than one position per year. When you look at their personnel list, you will find about a dozen trainees.
    I believe it is pretty hard to be accepted. Hundreds of applicants and you will run several interviews with the management + assessment center before they give you a chance.
    It´s weird that they still didn´t open their application page. Hopefully its not a sign of less interest in trainees this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shippythebroker)
    Hi, anyone applied and attending the assessment centres?
    Hi 'shippythebroker', I stumbled upon this thread whilst doing general research and I was wondering whether you could lend your knowledge in experience? I am looking to get into the industry and feel, based upon speakin with industry contacts and research, that I would thrive in this invoronment. Obviously I want to make sure my efforts towards this path are correct and righteous so it would be great to get a valuable insight. Thanks, Jack.

Ps my email is [personal details removed]

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm from Chennai. I have a 1st class MBA degree with major as Logistics & Shipping. I simultaneously wrote the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers exam and passed 5 out of 7 in 1 shot with Dry Cargo Chartering, Tanker Chartering and Ship Operations and Management as major. Mostly I will write the remaining 2 next year and get the MICS. Now I want to work in Clarksons Shipping in London or somewhere in Oslo initially as a trainee broker. What do you advise?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm from Chennai. I have a 1st class MBA degree with major as Logistics & Shipping. I simultaneously wrote the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers exam and passed 5 out of 7 in 1 shot with Dry Cargo Chartering, Tanker Chartering and Ship Operations and Management as major. Mostly I will write next year and get the MICS. Now I want to work in Clarksons Shipping in London, initially as a trainee broker. What do you advise?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.