55.56%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xscape)
    Michael Jackson > Paul McCartney, John Lennon
    April fools was a couple of weeks ago, dude :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Should_be_studying)
    April fools was a couple of weeks ago, dude :/
    And so was halloween, so why do you still have your mask on?

ReputationRep:
    And so was halloween, so why do you still have your mask on?
    Are you high?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Should_be_studying;4720452 3)
    Are you high?
    Yes, I should probably see 'The Man'!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I should probably see 'The Man'!
    If you're going to use a McCartney-Jackson collaboration, it has to be this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    If you're going to use a McCartney-Jackson collaboration, it has to be this!
    Yes, that one is actually my favourite. I linked 'the man' because it's mostly very unknown since it was featured on Paul McCartney solo album 'pipes of peace'.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that one is actually my favourite. I linked 'the man' because it's mostly very unknown since it was featured on Paul McCartney solo album 'pipes of peace'.
    Wasn't Say Say Say also on Pipes of peace?

ReputationRep:
    I don't listen to much by either, but of what I've heard, I prefer Lennon.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** it was lol. You learn something new everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

Oh **** it was lol. You learn something new everyday.
    Hahaha yeah I thought it was
    Good album, but not his best. I can't choose between Band on the Run and Venus and Mars....
    But I think Red Rose Speedway is underrated - he should've included Hi Hi Hi and C'Moon in the album though....

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha yeah I thought it was
    Good album, but not his best. I can't choose between Band on the Run and Venus and Mars....
    But I think Red Rose Speedway is underrated - he should've included Hi Hi Hi and C'Moon in the album though....
    Not a fan of Paul, have no idea what is and isn't underrated xD Let alone album names

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of Paul, have no idea what is and isn't underrated xD Let alone album names
    Ahh okay haha You should become one!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay haha You should become one!
    lol, impossible not my taste. But I do know everythng about MJ (apart from what you just corrected me on xD). Unreleased music my famous artists interests me do you know if the Beatles have any songs left to be released or is everything out? By 'released' I mean songs that have also not been leaked.

ReputationRep:
    lol, impossible not my taste. But I do know everythng about MJ (apart from what you just corrected me on xD). Unreleased music my famous artists interests me do you know if the Beatles have any songs left to be released or is everything out? By 'released' I mean songs that have also not been leaked.
    I'm sure there must be! But I'm not aware of the ones that they didn't either release as singles or in any albums.... A lot of songs they did write and were used by other artists and never by the beatles themselves. John and Paul did have a jam session in 1974 which was the last known time they played together - but they were both high as ****.
    But yeah, I can't help you I'm afraid - although I'd put my house on there being some.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there must be! But I'm not aware of the ones that they didn't either release as singles or in any albums.... A lot of songs they did write and were used by other artists and never by the beatles themselves. John and Paul did have a jam session in 1974 which was the last known time they played together - but they were both high as ****.
    But yeah, I can't help you I'm afraid - although I'd put my house on there being some.
    I see, but the beatles did break up about 40 years ago, i'd imagine the Beatles estate vault would be similar to Elvis' (who im a fan of) estate who is now just pumping out alternative takes off songs and concert soundboards. What Paul songs would you recommend to me? Out of curiosity just listened to the b-side of 'say say say' imagining to be the worst thing i've heard but it was actually good 'ode to a koala bear'

ReputationRep:
    I see, but the beatles did break up about 40 years ago, i'd imagine the Beatles estate vault would be similar to Elvis' (who im a fan of) estate who is now just pumping out alternative takes off songs and concert soundboards. What Paul songs would you recommend to me? Out of curiosity just listened to the b-side of 'say say say' imagining to be the worst thing i've heard but it was actually good 'ode to a koala bear'
    Band on the run as an album is great - and the single band on the run is pretty good too. Although you might need to bare with it, it's like 3 songs in 1.
    Maybe I'm amazed, no more lonely nights, uncle albert/admiral halsey, coming up (this made Lennon come out of retirement), live and let die, mull of kintyre, ebony and ivory, silly love songs, nineteen hundred and eighty five, venus and mars/rock show.
    I could go on..... You can probably tell

ReputationRep:
    Band on the run as an album is great - and the single band on the run is pretty good too. Although you might need to bare with it, it's like 3 songs in 1.
    Maybe I'm amazed, no more lonely nights, uncle albert/admiral halsey, coming up (this made Lennon come out of retirement), live and let die, mull of kintyre, ebony and ivory, silly love songs, nineteen hundred and eighty five, venus and mars/rock show.
    I could go on..... You can probably tell
    What do you think of George Michael? Elton called him the next Paul McCartney

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of George Michael? Elton called him the next Paul McCartney
    From what I've heard, he's alright but I wouldn't put him in the same league as Macca.

ReputationRep:
    This is wrong. You shouldn't be comparing Lennon and McCartney, two absolute legends, because they're a partnership.

John Lennon is my hero. I prefer his songs, they aren't as 'nice'.

Lennon constantly tried to challenge the boundaries of music. Listen to 'Tomorrow Never Knows', 'Rain' and 'I Feel Fine'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.