Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Best 'Cramming' success story you know.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't revise for my Maths AS at all and got 97%, in fact I didn't revise for any of my AS levels and I got 90%+ in 3 of them, never been a fan of revision :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparticus515)
    I didn't revise for my Maths AS at all and got 97%, in fact I didn't revise for any of my AS levels and I got 90%+ in 3 of them, never been a fan of revision :P
    So all you did was attend class?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't revise for my A-levels and ended up with an A*, A, B, B and a C.

It was lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aivicore)
    I didn't revise for my A-levels and ended up with an A*, A, B, B and a C.

It was lucky.
    What A-Levels did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    So all you did was attend class?
    Pretty much, and do homeworks of course. I feel as if with maths and sciences if you can understand d a few of the underlying concepts you can answer almost any question. I only got 82% in chemistry though because I can never do the simple memory questions!

ReputationRep:
    What A-Levels did you do?
    German, English, Biology, Environmental Studies and General Studies. Grades in that order.

ReputationRep:
    I started studying at 7pm the night before my Higher modern studies exam and got an A. OK, modern studies isn't exactly rocket science, but I was still pleased with myself.

ReputationRep:
    Ahah such as?
    Well done!!!
    Thank you.

The one where you try and organise your notes in a way where you imagine yourself in a house and every object in the house represents a section or keyword within your notes. So for example you picture yourself a in a living room, and the sofa represents paternalism etc.
    I made raps, which actually helped but then I accidentally deleted them. I made dance routines no lie.. different movements signified important key thinkers.

I memorised my notes with mostly Mnemonics, I've found that I can retain large amounts of information when the Mnemonic is very silly and outrageous lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Started properly revising the day before for AS level History and English Literature. Got As.

I did the same for Biology but got a B, so now I'm having to resit a unit

Not cramming quite as badly this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're making me feel slightly better about about my situation.

ReputationRep:
    German, English, Biology, Environmental Studies and General Studies. Grades in that order.
    Biology :eek: how did you get such a good grade without revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    Thank you.

The one where you try and organise your notes in a way where you imagine yourself in a house and every object in the house represents a section or keyword within your notes. So for example you picture yourself a in a living room, and the sofa represents paternalism etc.
    I made raps, which actually helped but then I accidentally deleted them. I made dance routines no lie.. different movements signified important key thinkers.

I memorised my notes with mostly Mnemonics, I've found that I can retain large amounts of information when the Mnemonic is very silly and outrageous lol
    Wooow! That's a great technique, nothing works for me though, I'm a tough cookie, but it must be really effective for you, you did really well!

ReputationRep:
    Biology :eek: how did you get such a good grade without revision
    Uhhm I think I just learnt it pretty well as we went along. At the end of each module I wrote a song summarising the information in it. Throughout my exams I pretty much just sang those in my head and had all the answers/concepts down...

ReputationRep:
    Wooow! That's a great technique, nothing works for me though, I'm a tough cookie, but it must be really effective for you, you did really well!
    I was once like that, you just have to try different types of revision techniques and tweak them to your liking. There are dozens of revision techniques out there, give it a shot and see how your grades improve

ReputationRep:
    Last year I crammed for pretty much all of my GCSE exams (Except for Spanish which I really didn't care about), and got pretty good results. I felt that if I started revising for some subjects better/worked more I could've got the results I actually wanted, but I was fairly happy with what I got.

ReputationRep:
    Uhhm I think I just learnt it pretty well as we went along. At the end of each module I wrote a song summarising the information in it. Throughout my exams I pretty much just sang those in my head and had all the answers/concepts down...
    Incredible! I'm not much of a musician myself!

I was once like that, you just have to try different types of revision techniques and tweak them to your liking. There are dozens of revision techniques out there, give it a shot and see how your grades improve
    Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

The Sherlock way :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I was in hospital for all of Year 11, then got out about a week before IGCSEs. (Disclaimer: I only did 3 subjects.)

Revised French for a day, Maths for two days, and didn't revise English at all. Got A*s in all of them. 95% in English :bban:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    I was in hospital for all of Year 11, then got out about a week before IGCSEs. (Disclaimer: I only did 3 subjects.)

Revised French for a day, Maths for two days, and didn't revise English at all. Got A*s in all of them. 95% in English :bban:
    Well done!!!!! That's really good!

ReputationRep:
    Crammed for History and got an A- don't cram for Maths or Science because that's just silly! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I spent <24 hours revising for each of my GCSEs, still got mostly A*s and As with the odd Bs, but I attribute those to fate punishing me for my laxity.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.