Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

TSR Girls Unit!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abigail Tompsett)
    Well your lucky :/
    Clearly it's your photo. I've never put a photo up, and never get harassing PMs.

In principle you should be able to put a photo up without harassment, but if it really bothers you just change it to a picture of a lumberjack.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bother me at all actually, I just don't reply to them or laugh at them.

It's just some random person on the internet, I don't see why it would bother someone so much.

ReputationRep:
    I bet these pms come from the self-proclaimed so-called nice guys who either cringe on here or post nonsense on what they think is feminism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I hardly ever get PMs like that -_-
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Change your avatar to a photo of yourself and it'll happen immediately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abigail Tompsett)
    Ok im gonna bring this up...

Girls, do you also get annoyed with how many boys on here think that because a computer screen is in front of them, they can talk to you in ways like 'asking for sex' or 'meeting for sex' or sex this sex that!!??
    or just things you just wish that hadn't really said...

I know im not the only girl with this problem, but does it get on ur nerves?
    It gets on mine...
    Sometimes it can be funny, granted
    but then they can just tip the boat a lil too far...

If you have this issue, please share your stories; funny or irritating...

DO!!!

Lets show these boys, that we may not appreciate all their so called witty or inappropriate comments ay??
    (be awkward if noone replies now aha )
    It's because you have many photos of yourself and you're good looking, so creepy people will naturally private message you. It's like when guys stare at woman on the street. Remove photos of yourself and it won't happen, although you shouldn't really be forced to do this.

Report them?

(Original post by Bashur)
    Change your avatar to a photo of yourself and it'll happen immediately.
    Lol, I can guarantee you that it wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I can guarantee you that it wouldn't
    Any photo attracts them, regardless of your looks lol

ReputationRep:
    She shouldn't have to take her photo down to avoid inappropriate messages. People should just not send the inappropriate messages. That is akin to victim-blaming. The avatar anywhere else would serve as 'profile picture' without comment, there is nothing wrong with having a picture of oneself in that spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    She shouldn't have to take her photo down to avoid inappropriate messages. People should just not send the inappropriate messages. That is akin to victim-blaming. The avatar anywhere else would serve as 'profile picture' without comment, there is nothing wrong with having a picture of oneself in that spot.
    Just block/report the people who do it, it's not hard.

ReputationRep:
    My name tends to attract freshies. I've had some seriously cringey PMs, it just makes me laugh tbh, I humour them for a bit then ignore it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you want me to send some filthy PMs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    This. Totally this.

OP if anyone is making you uncomfortable then just report them and add them to ignore.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Do you want me to send some filthy PMs?
    Nahh, I'm alright, thanks :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Just report them, don't feel the need to change your pic. I've had one or two messages from foot fetish guys lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Nahh, I'm alright, thanks :lol:
    You just seemed disappointed is all.

I got this about 4 weeks ago

"Hi ChatoicButterfly when you do wear underwear what colour and material is it? Do you rip it off with your fingers or do you push and pull your legs together until it falls down?"

Quite proud of that. I think the sender thought I was a women.

Even I get these PMs. Poor poor maid Marian

ReputationRep:

"Hi ChatoicButterfly when you do wear underwear what colour and material is it? Do you rip it off with your fingers or do you push and pull your legs together until it falls down?"

Did someone seriously send you that? Name and shame them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:

Even I get these PMs. Poor poor maid Marian
    Wat. Who does that. How. What is push and pulling legs together and huh. So confused rn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    Wat. Who does that. How. What is push and pulling legs together and huh. So confused rn.
    Maybe when if you squeeze your legs together the knickers just fall down? I dunno. Guess you have to be wearing knickers that don't fit. :curious:

Also who just rips of underwear?

ReputationRep:
    Is the thread title meant to say unite?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.