Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Started to communicate with my old primary school crush Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m93100)
    Aww this is really adorable! Just talk to her like you are making friends and then take it from there. But don't make it too obvious, act mysterious. Good luck, OP!
    How? Gave her my number to add me and she said okay then...think im chasing a lost cause...plus i think ive been induced with puppy love
    ,shes pretty imo but i didnt talk to her that much since i played the mature role model in my class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    How? Gave her my number to add me and she said okay then...think im chasing a lost cause...plus i think ive been induced with puppy love
    ,shes pretty imo but i didnt talk to her that much since i played the mature role model in my class
    Did she reply? What I'm saying is some girls might put off if you appear desperate. So don't take the conversation down the flirting valley keep it simple and ask her how she's been and what she is doing? Or if you guys had a crappy or funny teacher, joke with it with her. Also if you remember any funny moments, not the ones about you and her! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    OP, before just asking her out randomly after you haven't really spoken in so long, I would try and talk to her first and maybe suggest meeting up in a group of friends, so she feels more comfortable around you.

Just because, she may still see you as a little primary school boy in her eyes and she needs to see you as a man first and as a real candidate for a relationship.

Also, " okay then " doesn't seem very promising to me, maybe a little dismissive. But who knows, she could just be quite shy and reserved perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Given up.I dont think shes interested,just humouring me.Looks like il stick with the title short term acquatiance.more fish in the sea.

(Original post by the bear)
    awww this is really sweet ! ask her out !
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Given up.I dont think shes interested,just humouring me.Looks like il stick with the title short term acquatiance.more fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    I'd meet up with her as a friend or talk to her for a bit more before asking her out. A lot of time his passed since you last saw each other and a lot has probably changed since then.

I was best friends with this boy at primary school, and we'd send each other Valentine's cards & presents every year despite insisting that we didn't fancy each other - looking back we did, and maybe if we'd kept in touch we'd have got together at some point. But then I went to a different school, and we lost touch for years until I bumped into him at a 6th form opening evening. I hoped there might still be something there, and we talked on MSN and I used to get really excited about talking to him - it was like nothing had ever changed for a bit. He was in a band who did gigs locally and I went to a couple, but in person I found it really hard to talk to him again - I think we'd both just changed a lot. Eventually, I realised it had always been me starting the MSN conversations (I could be online for hours and he would never say anything first), and I decided to give up because he clearly wasn't that interested. I also always felt under pressure to be interesting when talking to him too. I also didn't find him attractive anymore so it most likely wouldn't have worked and that we weren't right for each other anymore, and I was just clinging onto hope for sentimental reasons because we had a good friendship back then and I missed it. We're both in happy relationships with other people now.

Be careful OP - there's still a chance she might like you, but there's also every chance you've spent too much time apart to still have a connection. She doesn't sound too enthusiastic either so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.