Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Got £7, what to do with it?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Ask a bank to change it into 50p's.

Check your 50p's and look for an olympic 50p.

If you didn't find one, take it back to a bank and ask them to change it into £1 coins. Take it to a different bank and change it back to 50p's. Repeat until you find an olympic 50p.

Once you find an olympic 50p, sell it on eBay for 99p.

Keep changing your 50p's into £1's and back to 50p's and selling your olympic 50p's for 99p.

Soon you will be rich.
    Isn't this a really long process lol, might actually do this, but only got two banks, HSBC and Nationwide lol

ReputationRep:
    700 penny sweets. Can you still get penny sweets? Am I showing my age?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeroic)
    Usually I just waste my money on junk food lol, so what can I do with the £7 I got now any good worthwhile things I should buy, invest in something, anything.
    Is this a joke? Sorry I'm not being rude, I didn't know people put so much consideration into such little money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    Is this a joke? Sorry I'm not being rude, I didn't know people put so much consideration into such little money?
    When your living in the recession, you gotta save what you got lol

ReputationRep:
    Ask a bank to change it into 50p's.

Check your 50p's and look for an olympic 50p.

If you didn't find one, take it back to a bank and ask them to change it into £1 coins. Take it to a different bank and change it back to 50p's. Repeat until you find an olympic 50p.

Once you find an olympic 50p, sell it on eBay for 99p.

Keep changing your 50p's into £1's and back to 50p's and selling your olympic 50p's for 99p.

Soon you will be rich.
    :lol:

Nice idea, but it's the 'soon' bit I would query in your plan.

There were 29m Olympic 50p coins originally released. Since then, at least 75% have been removed from circulation, leaving say about 7m in round figures.
    http://blog.westminstercollection.co...e-olympic-50p/

Not all of them are sought after - there are some much more popular than others. Say around half are collectible. That leaves 3.5m to look for.

As of March 2013 there were, in round figures, about 900m 50p coins in circulation. So there are probably about a billion now.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_...(British_coin)

In every bag of 14 coins you are going to find (if you are lucky) 0.05 of a coin. (roughly).

You will need to switch bags about 100 times to have a moderate chance of getting one coin saleable for more than the face value.

Not quick. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Buy me a drink

ReputationRep:
    Buy a scratch card and then give the rest to me so I can go to the cinema

ReputationRep:
    Usually I just waste my money on junk food lol, so what can I do with the £7 I got now any good worthwhile things I should buy, invest in something, anything.

Get down to the bar or the club, spot a pretty girl, and say this:

"There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight."

She'll want you after this. Using that 7 quid, get her a strong drink. Sorted mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    700 penny sweets. Can you still get penny sweets? Am I showing my age?
    Of course! The oompa loompas sell them at the sweet shop in dingly dell, turn left at the pixie castle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragonborn)
    Get down to the bar or the club, spot a pretty girl, and say this:

"There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight."

She'll want you after this. Using that 7 quid, get her a strong drink. Sorted mate.
    Then I get arrested, no thanks lol

ReputationRep:
    Buy some warm food and give it to a homeless person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Of course! The oompa loompas sell them at the sweet shop in dingly dell, turn left at the pixie castle.
    Ahhh awesome! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    :lol:

Nice idea, but it's the 'soon' bit I would query in your plan.

There were 29m Olympic 50p coins originally released. Since then, at least 75% have been removed from circulation, leaving say about 7m in round figures.
    http://blog.westminstercollection.co...e-olympic-50p/

Not all of them are sought after - there are some much more popular than others. Say around half are collectible. That leaves 3.5m to look for.

As of March 2013 there were, in round figures, about 900m 50p coins in circulation. So there are probably about a billion now.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_...(British_coin)

In every bag of 14 coins you are going to find (if you are lucky) 0.05 of a coin. (roughly).

You will need to switch bags about 100 times to have a moderate chance of getting one coin saleable for more than the face value.

Not quick. :sad:
    I got a bag of 50p's the other day (about 20 I think) and I got the wrestling one! (I needed change for something, I didn't get the coins just for that reason!) I was pretty happy, I have been casually looking for one since they came out lol.

Isn't this a really long process lol, might actually do this, but only got two banks, HSBC and Nationwide lol
    You can go into any bank and just ask for them to change it. I'm pretty sure most of them will do it (apart from Nationwide because it's not actually a bank?)

ReputationRep:
    Put it on your oyster if you are in london

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can £7 still get you a ticket into the cinema? Go see the Muppets

ReputationRep:
    I got a bag of 50p's the other day (about 20 I think) and I got the wrestling one! (I needed change for something, I didn't get the coins just for that reason!) I was pretty happy, I have been casually looking for one since they came out lol.

You can go into any bank and just ask for them to change it. I'm pretty sure most of them will do it (apart from Nationwide because it's not actually a bank?)
    Okay thanks man, though it'll be a long wait lol

ReputationRep:
    Convert to either one penny or two penny pieces. Do this:

ReputationRep:
    Thrift shopping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red one)
    He's looking for ideas on what to spend it on genius. :bootyshake:

@ OP give it to charity.
    The lady in your gif is so sexy, reminds me of someone I knew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    The lady in your gif is so sexy, reminds me of someone I knew.
    She's King Leonidas' wife in case you didn't make the connection.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.