"Everyone who does not support homosexuality is not homophobic" agree or disagree? Watch

Madisonrose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not sure. No, he isn't showing it or treating gay people any different, but he views them as different and doesn't approve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WitnessMO
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ndella)
Like I said, I feel uncomfortable about it, but I can't change that I feel uncomfortable about it. I think they should be allowed to express their love but not so publically - this goes for heterosexual couples as well. I just don't like PDAs tbh.
fair enough. I have to agree that too much extreme PDA can be unsuitable in certain environments no matter the orientation of the couple..
Geo21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I cant possibly agree. Saying you disprove of something to me means you believe it's wrong, which is completely different from just personally finding the act of a bit icky. I'm gay and I often find that many people don't really understand what homophobia actually can sometimes be. People will always put you down about it and these people could be your best least offensive friends. My opinion of this topic is it might not be direct homophobia but it's prejudice purely on my first statement. Anyway the thought of straight people doing anything makes me feel sick and repulsed, what would people say to me if I said I disagreed with it? I cant disagree because it's not wrong?
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, I think he is homophobic. If as you say he's perfectly fine with gay rights and doesn't want to make things difficult for them then I have no problem with him, but I'd still say it's a homophobic point of view.

I think some people are conflating having a different preference for something with a belief that a particular preference is in some sense objectively wrong/worse/worthy of disapproval/etc. For example, I'm a straight man. I personally am a bit disgusted by the idea of having sex with another man, just as I imagine many gay men are a bit disgusted by the idea of having sex with a woman. I don't 'disapprove' of their preference, I just acknowledge that it is different to my own.

Cheating is not in the same bracket. I agree that it's a personal matter and not something the state should intervene in, but here I'd say there is clearly a 'correct' answer and that's being truthful and faithful to your partner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (261)
80.56%
Leave (63)
19.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise