Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trustno1)
    Omg I'm soo happy someone made this thread! I'm 5'6 and 45KG and it seems like people's advice is 'eat more' but they don't understand we can't force ourself to eat a lot without feeling the need to throw up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The thing is that a large percentage of people who lift started out very skinny, so actually they DO understand how difficult it can be to put on weight.

So they understand how easy it is to think "I have a fast metabolism" and "I'm genetically skinny and won't ever be able to eat enough to gain weight" and they also understand that those things aren't true.

So many people begin like you and OP, and then through dedication and willpower, they eat and eat and eat and get bigger. So when they tell you to have a bit more willpower, to man up and just EAT MORE, it's because they've been through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinglay)
    Anyone else think GOMAD is a pile of ****?

Aiming for a gallon a day is ridiculous. Even when you reach a arbitrary number on your scale, you still have to learn how to eat more, you cannot consume massive amount of milk daily.

Also, while most people are not lactose intolerant, milk is a known cause for acne and other dietary problems. Not to mention 5 litres of milk is just expensive as hell.

If we were to go down that route, olive oil is a much healthier alternative. 2-3 tbsp of olive oil a day, an extra 300-400 calories with healthy fats, tastes like nothing in your shakes.
    It's a very easy way to gain weight and that's what the OP wants.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for the suggestions i will take them on board!

i've been trying to gain weight for years but havent put much effort in.

I think im going to start going to the gym and that will build my appetite hopefully.

Yeah it is hard and i hate being so skinny and tall and i always get crap from my buddies and im extremely self conscious which is why i havent been to the gym before but this time im determined to put on weight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFrog1234)
    I'm tall and skinny about 6'2 and i weigh 57kg (i know right) and im 23 years old i've been doing my research and all it seems people say is eat more..

I have a small appetite and i'm fussy with foods so its not something i can do easily to make myself hungry, personally i see eating food as a chore!

I dont want to just believe that ill be skinny for the rest of my life and that its because i have a fast metabolism

Also the doctors say that im perfectly healthy

can anyone shed some light on their experiences or knowledge?
    Easy - eat more and you'll get use to it. Also as for time, well how much do you want it? Nothing good is easy, so either do it and accept the time lost, or accept being skinny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinglay)
    Anyone else think GOMAD is a pile of ****?

Aiming for a gallon a day is ridiculous. Even when you reach a arbitrary number on your scale, you still have to learn how to eat more, you cannot consume massive amount of milk daily.

Also, while most people are not lactose intolerant, milk is a known cause for acne and other dietary problems. Not to mention 5 litres of milk is just expensive as hell.

If we were to go down that route, olive oil is a much healthier alternative. 2-3 tbsp of olive oil a day, an extra 300-400 calories with healthy fats, tastes like nothing in your shakes.
    Some guys need to push their calories up to 6000, 7000 or more when trying to aggressively gain weight. Guys who already have a very active lifestyle. For them a whole gallon works well, but then it's only a third of their calorie intake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFrog1234)
    Thank you all for the suggestions i will take them on board!

i've been trying to gain weight for years but havent put much effort in.

I think im going to start going to the gym and that will build my appetite hopefully.

Yeah it is hard and i hate being so skinny and tall and i always get crap from my buddies and im extremely self conscious which is why i havent been to the gym before but this time im determined to put on weight!
    Check this out, Nutrisport Weight Gain. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUTRISPORT...item4ad2ae5f17 It's so cheap. I used this to gain 10 kg, went from 69kg to 80kg. Of course you'll have to go to the gym whilst taking this, or you'll just end up getting fat. I went trough three tubs and and going gym 5-6 times and week to go from 69kg to 80kg. This shake adds an extra 1000+ calories to your diet, the only problem is that it doesn't taste too great. t's not horrifying but, compared to other shakes I've had, this doesn't taste that great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbcs2k9)
    Check this out, Nutrisport Weight Gain. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUTRISPORT...item4ad2ae5f17 It's so cheap. I used this to gain 10 kg, went from 69kg to 80kg. Of course you'll have to go to the gym whilst taking this, or you'll just end up getting fat. I went trough three tubs and and going gym 5-6 times and week to go from 69kg to 80kg. This shake adds an extra 1000+ calories to your diet, the only problem is that it doesn't taste too great. t's not horrifying but, compared to other shakes I've had, this doesn't taste that great.
    thanks will give it a try!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.