Teenage Education + Too much socializing= Failing Exams Watch

SerLorasTyrell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nattm12)
Never said you should end your social life but just to stop obsessing over it and actually spend time revising
I'd also like to see the evidence that not using technology "helps you hold on to it longer" (information) I spend tons of time on my phone and technology and get top grades, it just sounds like you're repeating something your parents say when they take your phone off you or something.

If someone isn't interested in studying then removing technology won't increase of the likelihood of them doing it, they would simply find another way to procrastinate

Posted from TSR Mobile
nattm12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by midgemeister7)
Out of interest, have you done your GCSEs yet?
I've started - year10
I love shopping
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on the career. For example if you're along the music path you don't need grades, however doctor/lawyer def
That's the point I was trying to make. What if you decide you want to go into music and so you don't bother doing well in exams, but in a few years time you realise music isn't the career you want anymore and would prefer to go to uni but you can't because of your poor grades.
nattm12
Rep:
?
(Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
I'd also like to see the evidence that not using technology "helps you hold on to it longer" (information) I spend tons of time on my phone and technology and get top grades, it just sounds like you're repeating something your parents say when they take your phone off you or something.

If someone isn't interested in studying then removing technology won't increase of the likelihood of them doing it, they would simply find another way to procrastinate

Posted from TSR Mobile
First i never said 'Remove technology' but to minimus your time on it. And actually reducing time on tech or whatever else will eventually increase time on studying. Plus i don't have parents only an aunt who doesnt give crap abut me so no.
pink pineapple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Imagine this scenario, you're a 15/16 year old teenager who has his/hers final coming up in the next month. You know you have mountains and mountains of revision to get done, so you drag yourself towards your desk.Open up your text book and force yourself to read.This goes on for about 7 to 8 minutes before the text starts to blur and you lose all concentration.
"BEEP, BEEP."
You're tempted to grab your phone and check your message .BAM and before you know it you've just spent two hours texting when you should have been revising.

This is the case with teens everywhere everyday.Teenagers should stop spending most of their free time on social media.Social media distracts(or should i say controls?) kids from their school revision.They spend all day clicking away when they should be reading and storing information away into their heads instead of spending all night chatting online with someone they've just seen 2 hours ago at school.

I am not persuading you ban all your technology but to make sure you can control your time when using it and in the meanwhile not to forget your school work.If teens reduce time on their phones/laptops ect they could be increasing their chance of holding onto their knowledge before it runs away.

Whether you're a parent or a teenager your self reading this sheet, it's your choice to make this change happen , your responsibility.
We all want what's best for you..but the question is, do you?
Failing- is not often a choice although if you spend hours on meaningless things instead of doing what's best for you, it soon will be.

Everyone has a dream right?And of course anyone can make that dream come true if you succeed and work hard.Although if you're spending your time watching telly, texting, skyping etc by all means you won't have any chance of holding onto that dream.

Once upon a time a wise man said to use your time wisely (ha see what i did there

Remember I'm not telling you that you should bin your phone or lock your laptop in a cupboard and throw away the key because we both that's just plain mean.All i want is for you to think about what you're doing with your life right now, ask yourself 'Is this helping me get my GCSE/A-levels or is it pushing me towards the wrong path?' If you don't like your answer you could always change it you know .

Revising leads to-
~A's in GCSE ~Awesome A- level grades
~University
~That feeling when 100kg is lifted from your shoulders
~Oh and better future

Remember use your time wisely.
(Btw i got a 8C for this^)
I understand what you mean but procrastinating is just something everyone does, which is often why people use Social media. No matter how much you know you need to revise, social media is just too much of a distraction. Plus you shouldn't be revising for 8 hours a day, using social media nw and then isn't going to jeopardise your exams if you use your time wisely. It can also be useful, e.g. in year 13 our year had a Facebook group where we could post important info about exams or if we had an issue with stuff like homework or revision.
nattm12
Rep:
?
(Original post by pink pineapple)
I understand what you mean but procrastinating is just something everyone does, which is often why people use Social media. No matter how much you know you need to revise, social media is just too much of a distraction. Plus you shouldn't be revising for 8 hours a day, using social media nw and then isn't going to jeopardise your exams if you use your time wisely. It can also be useful, e.g. in year 13 our year had a Facebook group where we could post important info about exams or if we had an issue with stuff like homework or revision.
im not saying stop social media but if you're using it more than you should be i believe you should cut it down and increase your study time....
pink pineapple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im not saying stop social media but if you're using it more than you should be i believe you should cut it down and increase your study time....
I know but social media is merely a form of procrastination. If students cut-down how much time they spent on it, they'd still find another way to put of doing revision.
lerjj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Someone had a lot of spare time on their hands... maybe you could have done something more productive than posting this on an internet forum? Anti-technology rants are not going to go down well with a student forum- you must see that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed