Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone else addicted to TSR? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I don't think you've been on here long enough to be :erm:
    Since the start of this year. a long time in my dictionary. but thats my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie786)
    Since the start of this year. a long time in my dictionary. but thats my opinion.
    And you only have two gems?! I made my account at the end of January :lol:.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't say I'm addicted. I'm just killing time, there's nothing else to do apart from reading and posting on TSR. After a month or two, I'm done with TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes I understand your comments are better than mine and people like you more. Happy? -_-

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes I understand your comments are better than mine and people like you more. Happy? -_-
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I've not seen a single post by you in any of the major sub-fora: if you're 'addicted', you're doing it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I've not seen a single post by you in any of the major sub-fora: if you're 'addicted', you're doing it wrong.
    what is 'major sub-fora' in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    What's this blocker you speak of*? I would like to know as well
    There's one called cold turkey, but I just use one I downloaded through chrome extensions if you search block website or something in the chrome store thing it should show up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    There's one cold cold turkey, but I just use one I downloaded through chrome extensions if you search block website or something in the chrome store thing it should show up
    ok thanks :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    what is 'major sub-fora' in your opinion?
    Chat; Relationships; Fitness; Fashion & Beauty; Entertainment; News & Current Affairs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you've been on here long enough to be :erm:
    the symptoms of addiction to TSR can start incredibly early - the green gems are only indicative of how long the addiction has persisted (not that I can say anything)

ReputationRep:
    I think 16k odd posts, an account that's nearing its 7th birthday and a shiny blue username suggest that I probably am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Chat; Relationships; Fitness; Fashion & Beauty; Entertainment; News & Current Affairs.
    I have on Everyday Issues. But maybe that is not 'major'. but that still does not prevent me from being addicted.

ReputationRep:
    It just depends where you post and how you post.
    Controversial posts tend to get a lot more rep than either middle of the road or helpful ones, I wouldn't take it personally

ReputationRep:

Gem fight!

ReputationRep:
    But you have a high Post:Gem ratio. So what that tells us is that most of your time is used up making posts on TSR, not that your posts are of a better quality than the average member.

I also find it curious that your online status is invisible. Hiding the fact that you're on TSR 24.7?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie_M)
    It just depends where you post and how you post.
    Controversial posts tend to get a lot more rep than either middle of the road or helpful ones, I wouldn't take it personally
    Yeah I realised that lol. I didn't I would not make a controversial post just to get reps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rednekk)
    But you have a high Post:Gem ratio. So what that tells us is that most of your time is used up making posts on TSR, not that your posts are of a better quality than the average member.
    Oh dear.... I was JOKING.

I do think it's slightly strange that she has two gems after saying she's "addicted" though.

I'm not pretending to be some incredible poster.

ReputationRep:
    *checking in*

I was supposed to be revising all day today.
    I have been on TSR the majority of the day.

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's eating me alive...

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.... I was JOKING.

I do think it's slightly strange that she has two gems after saying she's "addicted" though.

I'm not pretending to be some incredible poster.
    Well like I said people do not like my posts as much as yours. :borat:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.