Favourite moment: Gerrard Slipping against Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Your team: Aston Villa

Player of the Season: Fabian Delph
    Young Player of the Season: Fabian Delph
    Best home game: Aston Villa 4-3 West Brom or Aston Villa 1-0 Chelsea
    Best away game: Arsenal 1-3 Aston Villa
    Best goal: Delph vs West Brom
    Favourite moment: Luna racing away to make it 3 vs Arsenal, Weimann getting on the end of the ball to knock it past Hart and seal the win vs Man. City, Delph vs Southampton, Benteke's bicycle kick vs Norwich, coming back twice vs West Brom and of course Delph's back heel vs Chelsea.
    Best signing: Leandro Bacuna

and just generally across all football you've watched this season NOT involving your own club ...

Goal of the year: This is a tough one. Kasami's volley has to be up there, I'll go with that.
    Game of the year: Real Madrid 3-4 Barcelona. The sort of game you'd show to an American who isn't into football and if they don't 'get it' then they never will. Stunning match from beginning to end.
    Favourite story: Has to be the whole Creasehead thing really. The speech and interview on Sky where he was proud as a peacock followed by the slip which led to losing the league, Terry's penalty miss is nothing compared to that. He is never going to live it down.
    Favourite moment: Dani Alves and the banana.
    Gone for these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Gone for these.
    Welcome back,

Your obsession with Arsenal continues I see

Whothe****areastonvilla?

Inb4 WillLittle slates gooners for wearing replicas, he has done this btw,

ReputationRep:
    little vs zurich, tasty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Welcome back,

Your obsession with Arsenal continues I see

Whothe****areastonvilla?
    What obsession?

3-1 opening day win away from home with a fixture list that included Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool in our first 3 games, we weren't expected to get a point yet we topped the league? You don't think it's justified for a team expected to be relegated to go and thump Arsenal away to consider it one of the moments of their season? Hardly an obsession, come on!

And thanks mate

Inb4 WillLittle slates gooners for wearing replicas, he has done this btw,
    I wear them just not at the game and certainly not stretched over a hoody with another man's name on the back.

ReputationRep:
    after a long hiatus, wilfred vs zurich continues. yes m8

ReputationRep:
    What obsession?

3-1 opening day win away from home with a fixture list that included Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool in our first 3 games, we weren't expected to get a point yet we topped the league? You don't think it's justified for a team expected to be relegated to go and thump Arsenal away to consider it one of the moments of their season? Hardly an obsession, come on!

And thanks mate

I wear them just not at the game and certainly not stretched over a hoody with another man's name on the back.
    You post more about Arsenal than Villa for instance, and get a certain kick out of Arsenal's failings.

Why deny it?

I would not even blink if Villa got relegated and I can admit that. Big club historically, meaningless club now.

ReputationRep:
    Villa catching Arsenal cold at the Emirates is probably the highlight of their last 5 years, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    You post more about Arsenal than Villa for instance, and get a certain kick out of Arsenal's failings.

Why deny it?
    I don't deny it, in fact I embrace it.

My post wasn't really evidence of it though. Nothing wrong with an opening day win away from home to a title challenger being one of the most memorable moments in any team's season.

I would not even blink if Villa got relegated and I can admit that.
    This is a lie. You'd be on here trying to get a rise out of me and you know it son.

Big club historically, meaningless club now.
    No club in the Premier League is meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    I don't deny it, in fact I embrace it.

My post wasn't really evidence of it though. Nothing wrong with an opening day win away from home to a title challenger being one of the most memorable moments in any team's season.

This is a lie. You'd be on here trying to get a rise out of me and you know it son.

No club in the Premier League is meaningless.
    Yer but had you scuffed a 0-0 draw the giro cheques of Birmingham would have been cashed in to get the beers in(from the offie). Birmingham? not even once.

O'Neill out innit

You looking forward to the cup final then?

Strong signature btw.

ReputationRep:
    Yer but had you scuffed a 0-0 draw the giro cheques of Birmingham would have been cashed in to get the beers in(from the offie). Birmingham? not even once.
    Actually you are right, I'll include their last day escape in one of my moments of the season. Didn't want to see them go down again.

You looking forward to the cup final then?
    Slightly more than the Eurovision Song Contest but slightly less than when I got a CD in the post this morning.

Strong signature btw.
    Great quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    I haven't seen one of these on here yet so I figured I'd start one. Tell us which club you support and your picks for the following.

Not the end of the season for my team just yet!!

Your team: Derby County

Player of the Season: Craig Bryson
    Young Player of the Season: Will Hughes
    Best home game: Derby 5 - Forest 0 just WOW.
    Best away game: Too many to choose from
    Best goal: Hughes' backflick on Sunday afternoon, deft but destructive.
    Favourite moment: Scoring the 5th v Forest, what a feeling.
    Best signing: Steve McClaren

and just generally across all football you've watched this season NOT involving your own club ...

Goal of the year:
    Game of the year:
    Favourite story:
    Favourite moment:
    Don't care about other clubs!

ReputationRep:
    Actually you are right, I'll include their last day escape in one of my moments of the season. Didn't want to see them go down again.

Slightly more than the Eurovision Song Contest but slightly less than when I got a CD in the post this morning.

Great quote.
    Mature post

trying to bait you out/10

feels OK man

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else read WillLittle's posts in a Brummie accent?

Girls love a Brummie accent tho in fairness

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 15, 2014
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.