Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew111)
    Oh right, what's your firm then? Yeah that's one of the reasons which put me off putting Portsmouth as my insurance I got Margaret Rule Halls although that was the one accommodation I didn't get a chance to see but hopefully it's nice
    Essex Uni is my firm But the likelihood is probably Portsmouth tbh because my A-Level grades I doubt are gonna be good! :/
    Oh right, I think MRH is meant to be quite nice inside actually! Think you'd be pretty close to the building as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrancisSin)
    Essex Uni is my firm But the likelihood is probably Portsmouth tbh because my A-Level grades I doubt are gonna be good! :/
    Oh right, I think MRH is meant to be quite nice inside actually! Think you'd be pretty close to the building as well
    That's cool and have faith, i'm sure you done fine! what a-levels did you take? Awesome and yeah that's what's good about halls

ReputationRep:
    That's cool and have faith, i'm sure you done fine! what a-levels did you take? Awesome and yeah that's what's good about halls

I hope so! I took English Lit, Film Studies and Media Studies. You?
    I'm Serena btw, despite what my stupid name says haha

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! I took English Lit, Film Studies and Media Studies. You?
    I'm Serena btw, despite what my stupid name says haha
    Haha well hey Serena! I'm actually Andrew That's cool, I wish I took film studies! How was it? Me being me I always pick the wrong things and so I ended up taking English lit, History: Belief and Conflict, and Sociology and then in my second year I also took Anthropology

ReputationRep:
    Haha well hey Serena! I'm actually Andrew That's cool, I wish I took film studies! How was it? Me being me I always pick the wrong things and so I ended up taking English lit, History: Belief and Conflict, and Sociology and then in my second year I also took Anthropology
    Haha hello!
    Film Studies was actually really good. Well, I enjoyed it! Aha.
    Seriously?! Those subjects sounded hard when people at my college were taking them - how did you find History and Anthropology?

ReputationRep:
    Haha hello!
    Film Studies was actually really good. Well, I enjoyed it! Aha.
    Seriously?! Those subjects sounded hard when people at my college were taking them - how did you find History and Anthropology?
    That's awesome! I just hope i've picked the right subject for uni seeing as I haven't done Film studies or Creative writing at A-level. Yeah haha and they are hard but all you gotta do is know everything well/revise/know exam technique and you should survive. I struggled with History, getting a C + E which averaged out to be a D at AS but this year I re-took the E grade module and so hopefully i've pushed my grade up. Anthropology is interesting, it's all about revising the case studies of culture's which is quite cool but loooooong, plus i only had a day and a few hours to literally revise everything for both units so my results for anthropology will be interesting haha

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome! I just hope i've picked the right subject for uni seeing as I haven't done Film studies or Creative writing at A-level. Yeah haha and they are hard but all you gotta do is know everything well/revise/know exam technique and you should survive. I struggled with History, getting a C + E which averaged out to be a D at AS but this year I re-took the E grade module and so hopefully i've pushed my grade up. Anthropology is interesting, it's all about revising the case studies of culture's which is quite cool but loooooong, plus i only had a day and a few hours to literally revise everything for both units so my results for anthropology will be interesting haha
    I bet you've done fine, I bet it has boosted it up a grade or two!
    Why did you only have a day and a few hours? :O Ahah, that's unlucky. Anthropology does sound quite interesting though! I bet your grades will be fine! High hopes! Haha.
    I am dreading the English Lit results tbh, I got a C last year but my coursework was like an A and the same for this year (with coursework) I just hope my exam essay was good enough for a risen grade. But ugh, I don't even wanna collect my results to be honest. I'm dreading it! :|

Are you living far from Portsmouth uni at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I bet you've done fine, I bet it has boosted it up a grade or two!
    Why did you only have a day and a few hours? :O Ahah, that's unlucky. Anthropology does sound quite interesting though! I bet your grades will be fine! High hopes! Haha.
    I am dreading the English Lit results tbh, I got a C last year but my coursework was like an A and the same for this year (with coursework) I just hope my exam essay was good enough for a risen grade. But ugh, I don't even wanna collect my results to be honest. I'm dreading it! :|

Are you living far from Portsmouth uni at the moment?
    Yeah, fingers crossed the two re-takes put my grades up! Basically it was because my Anthropology exams were either in the middle of my resits or my A-level exams and thanks - you too! Me too!! Omg the English Lit exam this year went so fast; I had soooo much to write about King Lear that... well it's all just a big blur haha. Nonetheless, all I really remember is not having enough time to read back both my essays; which is literally the worst thing because I have no clue what I wrote! I got a B last year and my coursework, according to my teacher, this year is an A so maybe, possibly, hopefully i could have scraped an A but I highly doubt this as I think this years exam was a C/D which could bring my overall grade down to a C or worse! I'm beyond petrified for results day.

Not that far tbh, London so it takes like 1 hour and a half to get to Portsmouth what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, fingers crossed the two re-takes put my grades up! Basically it was because my Anthropology exams were either in the middle of my resits or my A-level exams and thanks - you too! Me too!! Omg the English Lit exam this year went so fast; I had soooo much to write about King Lear that... well it's all just a big blur haha. Nonetheless, all I really remember is not having enough time to read back both my essays; which is literally the worst thing because I have no clue what I wrote! I got a B last year and my coursework, according to my teacher, this year is an A so maybe, possibly, hopefully i could have scraped an A but I highly doubt this as I think this years exam was a C/D which could bring my overall grade down to a C or worse! I'm beyond petrified for results day.

Not that far tbh, London so it takes like 1 hour and a half to get to Portsmouth what about you?
    Sameeee! I actually felt quite confident, but I don't wanna jinx myself incase I've done terrible! But I wrote so much and I thought it sounded...alright...ahaha. Hopefully you've done well then! I can't imagine you've done worse if you got a B overall last year, you'll be fine!

Awesome. Kinda London so maybe 1 hour and a half to two hours? Not far at all now that I think about it haha

ReputationRep:
    Sameeee! I actually felt quite confident, but I don't wanna jinx myself incase I've done terrible! But I wrote so much and I thought it sounded...alright...ahaha. Hopefully you've done well then! I can't imagine you've done worse if you got a B overall last year, you'll be fine!

Awesome. Kinda London so maybe 1 hour and a half to two hours? Not far at all now that I think about it haha
    That's really good, I'm sure you've done fine! Thanks, you too!

Nice, yeah I agree not bad at all good luck with results day!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im doing Film & Creative writing

ReputationRep:
    hey hey! Is anyone still studying film at portsmouth? I'm looking to ask about filming locations in Portsmouth

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 13, 2017
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.