Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel French GCSE Listening and Reading 2014 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I did foundation reading and listening and found the listening rather hard,normally it's the other way round for me 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iz24)
    What did you get for the holidays one:
    - what does he do usually?
    - where did he go last year?
    - what does he prefer to do?

Got to the end of the first listening and realised I hadn't written anything down... guessed most of it
    You serious? How did you not write anything at first? And I very much forgot everything now sorry. Last question of reading, I had to guess that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    Reading= F*ck
    Listening= double f*ck
    i am with you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa998)
    I said he does not smoke because of his tone I assumed he was not influenced by his friends.
    I put he's doing well at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iz24)
    Opinions on the exam?

Personally I found the reading paper really easy but the listening was a different story! It was nightmare and far harder than any of the others on the Edexcel website (I've done them all).

What did you think? May the grade boundaries be forever in our favour!
    Same with me! What did you put for camila or something thought mercila was being naughty?

ReputationRep:
    I said he's doing well in school, does not smoke, is not worried about his future and gets on well with his family.
    exactly what i wrote lets hope its right ey!!

ReputationRep:
    who remembers the last listening question not for the boy though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAIYEKO)
    You serious? How did you not write anything at first? And I very much forgot everything now sorry. Last question of reading, I had to guess that one.
    I wrote down lightly (and very unsurely) what I thought about half of them were but seeing as in the past papers I've done I have been very confident on all the questions bar the English one I felt like I'd done pretty badly - no need to be so smug!

ReputationRep:
    yayy, I hope the grade boundaries are low for once.
    yeah i really hope so it was generally harder than previous papers so i'm hopeful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothematic)
    I put something like he usually stays with family. Can't remember the other choices :/

@smoking question.. he said his friends smoke but "pas moi" (not me), therefore he doesn't smoke and isn't influenced by his friends
    I put he doesn't smoke but it said he did smoke once because his friends did so i put that he was influenced by his friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin123)
    yeah i really hope so it was generally harder than previous papers so i'm hopeful
    33 max. for an A*. What did you think you got?

ReputationRep:
    hmm thats sounds likely I'm actually not sure i feel like i got 10 wrong at most so if i get an A in the listening a* hopefully in the reading and all my coursework is a* i should be fine i hope

but yeh i doubt they will go any lower than 33 for a* what do you think you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcselong)
    I put he doesn't smoke but it said he did smoke once because his friends did so i put that he was influenced by his friends

yeh i did that at first but then i realised i had ticked 5 squares so i crossed out the influenced by his friends one :/

ReputationRep:
    guys can we make an unofficial mark scheme for the listening pleaseeee i need some reassurance (

ReputationRep:
    yeh i did that at first but then i realised i had ticked 5 squares so i crossed out the influenced by his friends one :/
    What was said that made you tick that he had a good relationship with his family?

ReputationRep:
    Last year's paper was 33 for A* and that was easier though?

I'm thinking around 38-40 for reading, and anywhere from 30-36 for listening (I really can't tell atm)

ReputationRep:
    What was said that made you tick that he had a good relationship with his family?
    something like they don't argue can't remember completely

ReputationRep:
    He said something about never arguing with his parents I think...

ReputationRep:
    ooh what did you guys write for the class representative one for the last question on what did she learn??

and I'm so annoyed because for one of the quesitonf ro how the school benefits i wrote that they spend the money on school equipment and i crossed out volleyball

ReputationRep:
    something like they don't argue yeah can't remember completely
    I think that's right. What did you guys get as how the teacher had helped the Russian boy in school and also what did you get that the girl learn from being a representative. I thought the papers were okay apart from the bits that required me to translate. Lol no. I was a hot mess on those questions

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.