The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Geography Unit 2 May 16th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Common sense for the education system? Ha. But hopefully you're right. Hopefully they lower the boundaries otherwise I'm sure a lot of people would just fail :/

Not to worry you, but I think that's what they want. I think it might have something to do with their constant worry about grade inflation. The thing is, he seems to want us to compete internationally, but so what if our education system isn't as good as in South Korea! They're machines over there! We're already the second best in Euorpe! Isn't that good enough for him? :/
Original post by Causton97
Not to worry you, but I think that's what they want. I think it might have something to do with their constant worry about grade inflation. The thing is, he seems to want us to compete internationally, but so what if our education system isn't as good as in South Korea! They're machines over there! We're already the second best in Euorpe! Isn't that good enough for him? :/

Exactly. It's a bit annoying. His recklessness could cause our grades to go down which isn't fair tbh. But I agree and understand. Just annoying though. It really is.
I'm expecting the worst on unit 2, I hate essay writing so bad, there's hardly any time to write what you need to, plus I have an exam tomorrow so I won't be able to revise for unit2 till tomorrow afternoon
#ImF****d
(edited 9 years ago)
Exactly. It's a bit annoying. His recklessness could cause our grades to go down which isn't fair tbh. But I agree and understand. Just annoying though. It really is.

Well, I think it's safe to say we won't be voting Conservative next year! If you ask me, he's a sorry excuse for a politician that makes changes just to justify his continued receiving of a paycheck. We live in a democracy yet the man just won't listen to the concerns of the people - namely, US! :frown:

Here's a video to lighten up your day - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7wTAHdFYs
Reply 24
the source musst make sens- i swear if its a beach comparison then i will cry. :eek:
Reply 25
EXACTLY. That's the point I'm always trying to get across. It's not about knowledge anymore its more about fking english literature. Reading between ****ty lines and asking tricky questions which when you answer won't even probably be in the mark scheme :/

Great minds think alike :biggrin: .
I am expecting high grades in my other subjects (maths, computing, physics) as I get high grades in mocks- but if edexcel tries to be funny again then, fml.

If I come out with really poor grades I will move back to my source country, at least there our clown stay in circuses and not parliaments :smile:
Original post by BenjKl
Great minds think alike :biggrin: .
I am expecting high grades in my other subjects (maths, computing, physics) as I get high grades in mocks- but if edexcel tries to be funny again then, fml.

If I come out with really poor grades I will move back to my source country, at least there our clown stay in circuses and not parliaments :smile:

Can I come with you? :P
Reply 27
EXACTLY. That's the point I'm always trying to get across. It's not about knowledge anymore its more about fking english literature. Reading between ****ty lines and asking tricky questions which when you answer won't even probably be in the mark scheme :/

Great minds think alike.

If I come out with really poor grades I will move back to my source country, at least there our clowns stay in circuses and not parliaments :smile:

And yes the south koreans, chinese and japanese are the kinds of people that drill info into their heads 24/7. They may be "smart", but practically they won't know how to screw in a light bulb. Am I right PEOPLE?????!!!
Reply 28
For some reason The forums posted my answer twice in the middle of writing, I apologize for accidental spam.
(edited 9 years ago)
hey guys what would be the best way to revise for this paper? im doing coasts and rebranding :frown: :confused:
Guys here's a bit of hope! Last year I was so under prepared for this exam, I only had a few essays written on each topic, and did no fieldwork so was dreading if a question on results came up, and it DID!! But even though I made up a few figures and stuff I still managed to get 80/80 ums!
So you can defo do this! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope this exam is good, after today im feeling less confident in doing well :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by Kay(:
Guys here's a bit of hope! Last year I was so under prepared for this exam, I only had a few essays written on each topic, and did no fieldwork so was dreading if a question on results came up, and it DID!! But even though I made up a few figures and stuff I still managed to get 80/80 ums!
So you can defo do this! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for cheering up, but it is too late for that. Some qs didn't make any sense, figures were misleading and really stupido questions. Unit 2 is most likely gonna be such mindf*** that even the examiner won't understand the mark scheme and drop marks for language as usual. But still thx
Has anyone got any tips for staying in time limits and having a decent structure for the essay questions? Totally screwed up after unit 1 which I was counting on as the easier exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
It's so funny to see you guys criticising your person in charge for education, because if you saw the ~*wonders*~ of the guy in my country... haha. I honestly do think this system is good, the problem is that Edexcel do get funny when asking questions and I honestly don't get what do they expect from me :/ I really do hope that the fear of inflation of grades fades and that they show some common sense for the grade boundaries (it really is something that you guys have such a system of "grade boundaries" haha)

Anyway I really don't get how to revise for this exam, what can I really do apart from learning case studies? :/
im freaking out for this exam D: this is the easiest paper but I always mess it up
if anyone has good notes lemme know please
im doing coasts and rebranding
Reply 36
Anybody know any case studies for rebranding and crowded coasts?
Doing coasts and rebranding more worried about this than unit 1... D:
Original post by Jennaxeg
Has anyone got any tips for staying in time limits and having a decent structure for the essay questions? Totally screwed up after unit 1 which I was counting on as the easier exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bring in a stopwatch! I did that for unit 1 so you're strict with the timings. You should spend 45 minutes per question :smile:
I'm doing extreme weather and rebranding. Anyone doing extreme weather... My teacher said he thinks that the weather diary could come up as the 15 marker. What sort of Question would it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending