Turn on thread page Beta

OCR 21st Century Science B1,2&3 (13/5/14) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.l.a.4559)
    i did Bryon as well- lowest resting pulse.
    What did you do for the question about Tom and Gregg and risks of heart disease?
    "just because there is a risk, does not mean it will definitely happen. other factors could have contributed and Gregg may have though that the consequence was small compared to the risk" ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i wrote about their percieved risks of the situation being different because tim had first hand experienced the possible outcomes of heart disease

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember all the questions because i feel like i accidentally missed out a page or there was an error in the printing or something and i panicking right now....?

ReputationRep:
    does it matter what letter you use

ReputationRep:
    i used Gg for some odd reason, did it say use the letter t or was that just an example. btw i got 25% as well because if two carriers have a baby then there is a 1 in 4 chance of them having a baby with it which is equivalent to 25%

ReputationRep:
    You know lots of people found the detritovores question ridiculous but in the end you kinda had to use your common sense :P

Ethics questions are the most annoying things ever and I'm just glad that I revised that!

I have a feeling they're going to make the grade boundaries higher though ((

I hope everyone else has done well

#mmg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh98)
    i used Gg for some odd reason, did it say use the letter t or was that just an example. btw i got 25% as well because if two carriers have a baby then there is a 1 in 4 chance of them having a baby with it which is equivalent to 25%
    Buddy it said to use T for dominant and t for recessive just below the question - as long as you get 25% as your answer, I can guarantee you that you will get 2 marks Hope everything else went well #mmg

ReputationRep:
    It was in the revision guide, on page 35, energy in an ecosystem, sneaky af, but it doesn't really describe what they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky Rozay)
    Buddy it said to use T for dominant and t for recessive just below the question - as long as you get 25% as your answer, I can guarantee you that you will get 2 marks Hope everything else went well #mmg
    I thought it was a 3 mark question, and i wrote 50%, i now no its wrong, but i think i would get 2 marks for the correct genetic diagram (punnet square in this case)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone sitting the chemistry test tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did you guys right for that needle implication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reeecoco)
    Guys what did you guys right for that needle implication
    Was that the second question??

ReputationRep:
    Yes sorry I meant the advantages because I'm sure there's only a disadvantage of using the needle as it can harm the embryo and cause infection

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was the question? 2 or 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky Rozay)
    i think they said you could use t as an example because t doesnt mean anything you can use any letter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samaugust323)
    There did seem to be quite a lot of confusion in my school about whether it was 25% or 75%
    It was 25%

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2014

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.