Aqa French exam on 15th May! Watch

☺Cat☺
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In Scotland it was Higher French today! Bon chance for tomorrow!
Christyjanexx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can we all just appreciate the fact that I got a C in this paper last year because I answered some questions in French when they want English and vice-versa :') literally the stupidest mistake I've ever made in an exam!

I really hope obesity/drugs/alcohol/smoking comes up because I've been getting 34/35 in those essays - love to rant about people and druggies etc
laura_fitzgerald
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
tv and film came up last year so I doubt they will come up again
CasW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what about publicity or music? sport would be one of my worst!
IrishChick
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sitting this exam as well any tips on how to do last minute revision for essays? It's the bit I'm dreading as I can see many of you are as well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
gc13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
look through this thread, lots of useful essay phrases!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=162809&page=2
TAwesomeTeen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! So this exam's tomorrow...

I tracked the essay topics that have come up recently with one of my French teachers and we found these haven't come up for a long time:

*Music
*Sport/Exercise
*Friendships

But that doesn't mean that others won't come up, I think AQA might be expecting people to track the questions XD

Has anyone got any tips for the listening? I think I lose the majority of my marks there but just don't know how to improve!
CasW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What type of question would it even be for music?
I don't think music or friendship has ever come up, at least since jan 2011. I assume friendship would be something like "what qualities are found in good friends"
TAwesomeTeen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think a friendship question would be "What are the importance of friends for young people"

I don't think it would just be "what qualities are found in good friends" because the points are far too simple and every essay would be the same.
CasW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TAwesomeTeen)
I think a friendship question would be "What are the importance of friends for young people"

I don't think it would just be "what qualities are found in good friends" because the points are far too simple and every essay would be the same.
That was what I meant kind of! my head is too full of vocab to be able to effectively type what I mean
TAwesomeTeen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CasW)
That was what I meant kind of! my head is too full of vocab to be able to effectively type what I mean

Haha, fair enough! To be fair, the question would be written in French either so neither of us are going to be right!
William24
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm A2 and I'm not sitting the exam but my prediction would be sport. The World Cup is coming up, as are the Commonwealth Games. If I remember rightly they done something similar for the 2008 Olympic Games and gave a sport essay. Bon courage!
kerembob
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, does anyone think sport or friends will come up, those 2 seem most likely, and bonne chance
Soumaiya
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kerembob)
Hey, does anyone think sport or friends will come up, those 2 seem most likely, and bonne chance
When I looked at past papers I noticed a trend. Pop culture and healthy lifestyle have been present for the past 2 years. So I think media and family and relationships will pop up. Not sure for media but for FR I think it will be friends. As for the third q, I think it will be on sport as I haven't seen a q on it. Those are my predictions anyway.
shalini.c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by HannahRudd-19)
They're easy and so's are the grammatical constructions

French isn't my best subject, I'm predicted a B at the most, but the only way to do well tomorrow is to revise all topic-specific vocab, verb formations (especially irregulars) and to have a good structured essay

Sorry :/
My basic structure is usually just intro, 3/4 points for the 3/4 against then conclusion. OMG it's in an hour
em123xxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shalini.c)
My basic structure is usually just intro, 3/4 points for the 3/4 against then conclusion. OMG it's in an hour
:/ erghhhhh
eggz95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find it?
Essays were great but that question on teachers with the verbs was awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZoZo1770
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gap-fill question was a nightmare 0_0 all verbs, wahh. Listening wasn't too bad, though, and the writing was okay. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower this year - harder paper than usual, imho. How did everyone else find it?
matt tucker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone got any answers?? from will whitty
matt tucker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what was the candidate number????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1100)
79.14%
Leave (290)
20.86%

Watched Threads