Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _entity)
    Tbh I say revise stuff like the communication protocols and connectivity, stuff like that because other stuff is fairly straightforward, or at least I hope it will be ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What would you say is the most complicated stuff for the exam then? What are communication protocols and what type of things do we need to know for connectivity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben4)
    I got 66/80 on coursework so one off an A* and really bricking it about the exam thinking I don't know anything!
    Haha, are you revising it now? If so what are you doing to revise for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumS343)
    Haha, are you revising it now? If so what are you doing to revise for it?
    im going to revise in a sec but tbh, I dont know what, I just have an exam paper and a mark scheme if i get an A then I wont go overload on the revision.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think I spent a hour revising for IT and than IGCSE Physics and History !!

ReputationRep:
    What is:
    -open source software
    -phishing
    -the difference between POP3 and IMAP4
    -cloud computing
    -latency
    -bandwidth
    -encryption

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    What is:
    -open source software
    -phishing
    -the difference between POP3 and IMAP4
    -cloud computing
    -latency
    -bandwidth
    -encryption

1. Open source software is usually free and can be edited by everyone an example would be open office. The problem with open source software is that because so many people can edit the code it is targeted by hackers who install malware. Also open source software is most often not as advanced as the professionally made software in this example it would be Microsoft office.

2. Phising is a type of malware which involves getting the private details and data of someone such as bank datails or adress. Phising is most often used with Pop-ups or E-mails.

3. The difference between POP3 and IMAP4 is simple to explain they are both E-mail protocols but work differently. POP3 downloads the e-mail from the server to one device and than deletes it making it impossible for other devices to access the e-mail. IMAP4 does not download the e-mail it is viewed on the e-mail server so that other devices are still able to acces that e-mail.

4. Cloud compting is saving data online on servers so that it can be accessed from anywhere at any time where there is an internet connection.

5.Latency the time delay between the moment something is initiated and the moment it becomes detectable.

6. Brandwidth – the amount of data that can fit through an internet connection which is measured in bits per second

ReputationRep:
    Got 63/80 on coursework which was surprisingly highest in the class!This is mainly due to my class being very lazy and most of them getting U's. Im scared about the exam i have only done one mock in november and got a D.... I need some revision tips my teacher has given us no revision booklets so i have no idea what t revise! I literally need a list of topics please help someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloBold)
    -
    Niceee! I still need to get some of that stuff in my head

What is:
    1. Viral marketing
    2. RSS
    3. A QR code
    4. Geo-tagging
    5. A virtual world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Got 63/80 on coursework which was surprisingly highest in the class!This is mainly due to my class being very lazy and most of them getting U's. Im scared about the exam i have only done one mock in november and got a D.... I need some revision tips my teacher has given us no revision booklets so i have no idea what t revise! I literally need a list of topics please help someone
    Use the specification/technology update from the Edexcel website.

ReputationRep:
    i got 74/80 on my ICT coursework, and the exam is really easy tbh its all common knowledge - not worried at all :P

ReputationRep:
    Niceee! I still need to get some of that stuff in my head

What is:
    1. Viral marketing
    2. RSS
    3. A QR code
    4. Geo-tagging
    5. A virtual world

1. Viral marketing is a way of promoting a product via the internet by making a funny and unique advert most often in the form of a video. This video is than posted by the company on social networking sites where than people share the video because they think its funny. Through sharing the product gets known.

2. RSS sry dont know

3. A QR codes provide a way to link to online services using a camera and QR reader.

4.The addition of location data to files ususally thorugh an integrated GPS chip in a camera etc. Files such as videos or images

5. A virtual world is a world which is not real and only exists online.

ReputationRep:
    Use the specification/technology update from the Edexcel website.

Here the technology update

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...ICT/TU2013.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathan30)
    i got 74/80 on my ICT coursework, and the exam is really easy tbh its all common knowledge - not worried at all :P
    Because everyone knows what phishing, bandwidth, latency, DLNA, NFC and convergence are v_v

...although a lot of it IS common knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloBold)
    1. Viral marketing is a way of promoting a product via the internet by making a funny and unique advert most often in the form of a video. This video is than posted by the company on social networking sites where than people share the video because they think its funny. Through sharing the product gets known.

2. RSS sry dont know

3. A QR codes provide a way to link to online services using a camera and QR reader.

4.The addition of location data to files ususally thorugh an integrated GPS chip in a camera etc. Files such as videos or images

5. A virtual world is a world which is not real and only exists online.
    The textbook says RSS feeds are a web feed format used for content which is frequently updated, e.g. news, in a standard format so it can be added to a variety of websites.

ReputationRep:
    The textbook says RSS feeds are a web feed format used for content which is frequently updated, e.g. news, in a standard format so it can be added to a variety of websites.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    havent learned half the specification in lessons which makes me so angry at my teacher.. I dont have a clue on Firewire, Thunderbolt, Lightiing, Esata, is... how on earth am i going to get an A overall

ReputationRep:
    ICT is a load of ******* bull****. I don't even know why I chose it.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to gain 74/80 on the CW which is a clear A*. However on the mock, I got a very high A (2 marks off an A*). I am feeling a bit picky on this exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    ICT is a load of f------ bull----. I don't even know why I chose it.

ReputationRep:
    ICT is a load of fking bullsht. I don't even know why I chose it.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.