?
Report 4 years ago
agreed
John10000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was ridiculous seeing as i literally combed through two different books (one of which was approved by the aqa exam board) and a website and never saw any mention of magnesium ions being used by plants.
kainatkhan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it will only work if all of us appeal
Manexopi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That question wasn't hard though apparently they told you it made chlorophyll so the rest is application of knowledge.
Green-Xenon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I saw that and WTFed, but it mentioned that a magnesium ion is needed for chlorophyll, so I answered along the lines of the magnesium being a requisite for chlorophyll which is needed for photosynthesis, which is responsible for glucose production, and that glucose is used for many things, such as starch stores/cellulose cell walls.

I'm clueless as to what the mark scheme will be like for some of the questions though, like the this question and the shrimp questions.

Does anyone have any idea whether this will be correct for the mating question?
I put something along the lines of 'Just because they did not mate does not mean it is impossible for them to interbreed to produce fertile offspring" and "aggressiveness doesn't particularly mean that interbreeding isn't possible".

Also, for the bladderwrack question, I put that they are adapted because they are found in a specific part of the habitat in one cluster, which would indicate that they have found a niche and that they are specifically adapted for these conditions, in contrast to the lettuce which is found in across a range of environments. Is this worthy of any credit?

Thank you, and best of luck on exams everyone
(Original post by Manexopi)
That question wasn't hard though apparently they told you it made chlorophyll so the rest is application of knowledge.
(Original post by John10000)
It was ridiculous seeing as i literally combed through two different books (one of which was approved by the aqa exam board) and a website and never saw any mention of magnesium ions being used by plants.
(Original post by Beducated)
the Magnesium ion question should never have been put in! I am a teacher and this question or anything about Mg is not in the syllabus anymore!, with enough support from teachers we need to appeal and lower the grade boundary by a mark or 2!
lottie08
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I think the magnesium question wasn't too difficult because it told you they are found in chloroplast.. like others have said, you should be able to work out the photosynthesis link.
lottie08
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone done the chemistry paper today?
Green-Xenon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lottie08)
Has anyone done the chemistry paper today?
aye, wasn't too bad
Kulsum_1998
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lottie08)
That's crazy.. revise as much as physically possible, it will all be over soon.
Yeah i am just want to get it all over with... One week gone and 4 weeks to go
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?