Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master_X)
    I've been thinking, seeing as there was no case studies in unit 1 paper, if there would be any point in learning any for unit 2. it seems like it would be a waste of time if non came up.???!
    Don't ever think that : /
    It can still come up, exams are unpredictable... Especially a Top Down and Bottom up project in development dilemmas.
    You should just revise anything your feel you're struggling with and do your best.
    This unit is mostly common sense anyways.
    Good Luck, even though I don't know you... I am sure you'll do great.

ReputationRep:
    For the unit 2 exam past paper there are question headings like 'Living Spaces' and 'Making a Living' which one is Globalisation and which one is Changing economy in the UK? because those are the what the topics are called in my textbook

ReputationRep:
    This is the first year of the new specification. 'Living Spaces' and 'Making a Living' are no longer in the paper.
    But I think 'Making a Living' is the equivalent to Changing the economy in the UK, but I don't think there is an equivalent of Globalisation in the past papers.
    Bare in mind that questions asked in the past papers may include things you don't need to know or not include the things you do.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it was hard on every exam board, I did AQA!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah still learn them and try put them into an answer. Apparently the exam board have stopped using the 'using a named example' phrase and instead are just expecting it. Trying to push students further or something. This was in an email from the chief geo edexcel guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    I found it good - I thought the questions were accessible. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so much better than unit 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econam)
    I found it good - I thought the questions were accessible. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was actually better than I expected - but there was just one 6 marker that I didn't get. It was the one about how some organisations help developing economies or something like that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romaiseb)
    It was actually better than I expected - but there was just one 6 marker that I didn't get. It was the one about how some organisations help developing economies or something like that...
    what global organisations? question 3, it was like wto (world trade organisation) and another one I can't remember haha yeah but I didnt write enough in that one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella_chloe)
    what global organisations? question 3, it was like wto (world trade organisation) and another one I can't remember haha yeah but I didnt write enough in that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could have said WTO, World Bank, IMF, United Nations and TNC's. I mentioned all just to be safe aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and they repeated the exact same question from sample assessment material on 1c!!

literally remembered going over the mark scheme haha, just wrote down what I remembered haha didnt expect to see that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella_chloe)
    and they repeated the exact same question from sample assessment material on 1c!!

literally remembered going over the mark scheme haha, just wrote down what I remembered haha didnt expect to see that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you write for that question? I wrote about migration, 'baby booms', conflict + war, and some other stuff which I can't remember but I'm not sure if it's worth 6/6

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for that question? I wrote about migration, 'baby booms', conflict + war, and some other stuff which I can't remember but I'm not sure if it's worth 6/6
    Changing social attitudes to marriage, improved contraception, new tech that allows infertile parents to conceive, wars, pandemics, and famine due to resource shortage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6 marks would be somewhere on lines of birth rate - increase or decline
    death rate - war famine conflict drought etc. and can't remember last factor its on the sample assessment material mark scheme though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.