The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lol. I love how you took a pic, uploaded it to you computer, then to tsr to as our opinion before doing anything :p::five:
i was thinking that. one day someones house will get robbed and they'll choose not to call the police but to ask people on TSR
aww its so cute. i want a pet hedgehog.
Reply 23
guccilittlepiggy
take him inside and keep him warm till the RSPCA come out. and insist they come out immeditely- tell them its a cruelty issue or lie to make them hurry up.

please don't kill it unless you've had training on how to do it accurately. otherwise you may really hurt him but not kill him.

funny story that. BE WARNED: killing rabbits by bashing them over the head with a huge stone is not as easy as it sounds. the rabbit was in that kind of shock state or summat, already dead, but this dude bashed it a good 4-5 times with a rock about half a square foot before actually killing it.
Reply 24
Call the RSPCA!

That is soo cute :biggrin:
6+6=6
funny story that. BE WARNED: killing rabbits by bashing them over the head with a huge stone is not as easy as it sounds. the rabbit was in that kind of shock state or summat, already dead, but this dude bashed it a good 4-5 times with a rock about half a square foot before actually killing it.

yup, i know someone who used to work for the RSPCA and that happens a hell of a lot, its too precise to actually get it right first time.
bash its head with a rock, what stupid idea is that?

If you have to kill a rabbit (why i dont know) then use pretty much the same method only you can get a grip on the whole neck.
Reply 27
give it milk and a blanket and stuff..
Reply 28
guccilittlepiggy
i was thinking that. one day someones house will get robbed and they'll choose not to call the police but to ask people on TSR

something like that happened once, ah ramroff, those were the days
lollie
OMG i cant believe you suggested that!!!:frown: :eek: :frown: ;yucky; :eek3:

why not? What more humane leaving it to suffer or ending it quickly
Scubar
something like that happened once, ah ramroff, those were the days

ellie did that aswell....
Reply 31
Try to give it some food/water. DO NOT feed it bread - Apparently hedgehogs start getting odd bowel syndromes. Call the RSPCA, and let them deal with it. They dealt with a bird that swooped into one of our windows, and it was subsequently released! :biggrin: Yay! RSPCA!
Reply 32
Ok chances are its dead now so the point of this post being minimal, anyway...

leave it alone it might be sleeping, probably tired looking for slugs in the dark, poor bastard

if it is hurt, chances are you probably ran it over, shame on you

If its dying, leave it in piece, you're probably just guna hurt it more if you try move it

In lighter news, i doubt the rspca give a ****, its a filthy dirty hedgehog. They have more pressing matters like saving cats from trees and checking dogs teeth.

Its sad to say, but dying in a bush is properly nicely then having your insides pop out of you when a 2 tonne car speeds over you at 80mph, splattering your guts across the freeway.
Reply 33
Aww... shamrock sounds like its alive, thats a shame:rolleyes:
Reply 34
if you must kill it, behead it with an axe. Quick and relatively painless.
Reply 35
relatively?
Reply 36
compared to being repeated bashed with a rock, or someone trying to break it's neck, yes.
Did the RSPCA come out? I'd be surpirsed if they did.
Reply 38
Hedgehog makes a delightful meal. To cook them properly, start a fire somewhere and cover the hedgehog in clay. Leave it in the fire for a good while, pull the clay off and the spines will come off with it. Skin and enjoy as you would with any small animal.

Pikilicious.
Carl
compared to being repeated bashed with a rock, or someone trying to break it's neck, yes.

possibly but if you do it right, it wont hurt it much at all, not to mention the fact beheading it would be extreemly messy

Latest