Holocaust Cartoons in Iran Watch

Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Theyre wrong though.
Equally wrong are those who show pictures of Muhammed, (pbuh) as a terrorist bomber.

(Original post by englishstudent)
Erm, you can read? Your badge is in the post...
Hell. I can read.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I doubt that. Pubs are the most racist institutions in the country. Find me a pub and I'll find you a dozen of so people propping up the bar and "putting the world to rights" which usually tends to involve "bringing back hanging" and "getting rid of all these bloody wogs".
which pubs did you go to :confused:
gas_panic!
Badges: 12
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 789654123)
Equally wrong are those who show pictures of Muhammed, (pbuh) as a terrorist bomber.

Yeah but they were funny, but not as funny as the pathetic reaction from some idiots.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sick, perverted people. IMO there is a HUGE difference between a cartoon making a mockery of a religious leader who has probably never even existed, and cartoons making a mockery of the barbaric and very real atrocities of the holocaust- the death and persecution of innocent human beings. It is distasteful to say the very least, a total lack of humanity and good ethics.

This shows how backward Iran is- the fact that they actually see the miseries of the holocaust as a joke is testament to their uncivilised and backward way of thinking.

But no, i'm not going to go on the streets and start demanding the slaughter of all Iranians. People in the West, it would seem, are more practiced in reasoning and are more open-minded. Most of us can take a few cheap insults without throwing a hissy fit- but things like this clearly aren't going to received well in the minds of the Germans and indeed the West as a whole, the Iranians seem to be digging themselves a rather large hole.
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
For someone who looks up to Muhammed, you certainly violate your share of his rules. What ever happened to not worshipping idols by the way? Since when is one person, whether a prophet or not, more important than ? 6 million of God's creations Not that it would surprise me if you don't believe the Holocaust ever happened.

It's clear that Iran is doing this to rile up the US and Israel. It doesn't care about the Holocaust and it wouldn't care if another one occurred. It's just doing it because it knows this will increase its support about the Muslims in the Middle East, and that says far more about those Muslims than about Iran.
*choke*
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
*choke*
Are you going to get into a numbers game again? :rolleyes:
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Beekeeper, there is nothing wrong with Iranian people. They are friendly, polite and honest in my experience, and the experiences of many other Westerners. You would probably find them more resonable and logical people than the vast majority of Westerners (yourself included).

'Axis of evil'? Most visitors, after experiencing this friendliest of countries, couldn't agree less.

Those are the first words said about Iran on the Loney Planet website>>http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldgui...ddle-east/iran

It is not the people of Iran that you should have a problem with, but the government of Iran. Iranian people are intelligent enough to realise that citizens of the UK and USA did not invade their surrounding area, and that we don't ourselves cause the problems that our countries ( in their view) cause Iran. Its about time we started seeing that the majority of Iranians do not agree with their mad leader and his agressiveness.

People in the West, it would seem, are NOT more practiced in reasoning and are NOT as open- minded as you like to think. Your above post is so hypocrtitical it makes me laugh, you say that we in the West are more reasonable and open- minded, maybe if you opend you mind a bit more Iran wouldn't seem as 'backward' as you think.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LeeC)
Beekeeper, there is nothing wrong with Iranian people. They are friendly, polite and honest in my experience, and the experiences of many other Westerners. You would probably find them more resonable and logical people than the vast majority of Westerners (yourself included).

'Axis of evil'? Most visitors, after experiencing this friendliest of countries, couldn't agree less.

Those are the first words said about Iran on the Loney Planet website>>http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldgui...ddle-east/iran

It is not the people of Iran that you should have a problem with, but the government of Iran. Iranian people are intelligent enough to realise that citizens of the UK and USA did not invade their surrounding area, and that we don't ourselves cause the problems that our countries ( in their view) cause Iran. Its about time we started seeing that the majority of Iranians do not agree with their mad leader and his agressiveness.

People in the West, it would seem, are NOT more practiced in reasoning and are NOT as open- minded as you like to think. Your above post is so hypocrtitical it makes me laugh, you say that we in the West are more reasonable and open- minded, maybe if you opend you mind a bit more Iran wouldn't seem as 'backward' as you think.
Odd. I don't recall him burning down the Iranian embassy or calling for the death of the people involved. I don't consider condoning genocide to be "open-minded".
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Are you going to get into a numbers game again? :rolleyes:
because the other 6million are goys cattle not people, right? :mad:
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nice try to get out of it. Your original sentence is very clear.
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
when did i, or anyone else (other than the iranian goverment or press, who i have already agreed is messed up) condone genocide?
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LeeC)
when did i, or anyone else (other than the iranian goverment or press, who i have already agreed is messed up) condone genocide?
You're saying there's something close-minded about beekeeper condemning Iran for condoning the Holocaust. I don't see why it's inconsistent to condemn a speech while saying it should be allowed to take place.

(Original post by Thud)
nice try to get out of it. Your original sentence is very clear.
Wow, trying to supress a view of history that doesn't agree with your sensibilities. How typical.
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Beekeeper:

'Sick, perverted people.'
'This shows how backward Iran is- the fact that they actually see the miseries of the holocaust as a joke is testament to their uncivilised and backward way of thinking.'
'But no, i'm not going to go on the streets and start demanding the slaughter of all Iranians.

It sounds like he has a problem with ordinary Iranians to me, and seems to think that all Iranians hate the west and worship the crazy ideology of thier government. I never defended the Iranian govenment did I? I don't know where you get this idea from, quote me perhaps. He needs to differentiate between the Iranian govt and the Iranians themselves.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Odd. I don't recall him burning down the Iranian embassy or calling for the death of the people involved. I don't consider condoning genocide to be "open-minded".
All actions encouraged by the Iranian government. It's well known that the ringleaders had links to the people in power. Ordinary Iranians (that is to say the majority who are not taken in by this shameless charade) are nicer people than you ever could imagine.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LeeC)
Beekeeper:

'Sick, perverted people.'
'This shows how backward Iran is- the fact that they actually see the miseries of the holocaust as a joke is testament to their uncivilised and backward way of thinking.'
'But no, i'm not going to go on the streets and start demanding the slaughter of all Iranians.

It sounds like he has a problem with ordinary Iranians to me, and seems to think that all Iranians hate the west and worship the crazy ideology of thier government. I never defended the Iranian govenment did I? I don't know where you get this idea from, quote me perhaps. He needs to differentiate between the Iranian govt and the Iranians themselves.
You want to remind me how Ahmadinejad came to power?

(Original post by Carl)
All actions encouraged by the Iranian government. It's well known that the ringleaders had links to the people in power. Ordinary Iranians (that is to say the majority who are not taken in by this shameless charade) are nicer people than you ever could imagine.
I beg to differ. Most of the intellegentsia and many residents of Tehran don't fall for this. A vast majority of the rural population does fall for it. As much as Iran is a non-democracy, the Islamic regime has considerable support from the person on the street. The reason might be brainwashing, but I'm fairly sure that a majority of Iranians agree with their leader when he says the Holocaust never happened.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've said it before i'll say it again *sigh*

Respect goes both ways, they should stop their nonsense, everyone should stop this disrespectful cartoons malarky!
Now, while i directly conflict with Beekeeper in opinions - this came up in one of the Danish cartoons thread - I think that religious leaders (prophets [pbut]) hold more people's respect than politicians (at the time of the Danish cartoons i think they found anti-Sharon/ anti-Israel pics)

The same way one can criticise/ defame the Pope (lesser of two evils) but not Jesus (AS). Personal opinion.

On the whole i'll condemn everything - the cartoons against muslims, and the muslims' cartoons. Free speech works around respect and self-control (garnished with dignity) and i think it's a poor excuse/ justification for offending people.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You want to remind me how Ahmadinejad came to power?
Elected from a list of four tyrants?
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can see your logic, but based on the general friendlyness and reasonablity of the Iranian people, I think its irrelevant how he was elected, and Carl is probably right anyway, but I don't know either way.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LeeC)
I can see your logic, but based on the general friendlyness and reasonablity of the Iranian people, I think its irrelevant how he was elected, and Carl is probably right anyway, but I don't know either way.
One can be friendly and still racist.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ahmedinejad was a populist. He wasn't elected because he hated the West, but because he was seen as a man of the people. I'd send you my essay on his election, but it, and all it's sources, are in French.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (132)
18.38%
No (436)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (150)
20.89%

Watched Threads