Holiday romance dilemma Watch

flyingpig
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
But do u think using uni as an excuse is the best and nicest way to do it? cos we planned to try 2 stay 2gether wen im at uni, but even if i hadnt cheated on him i was starting to realise that wasnt wot i wanted
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well if your not happy i know its hard but the only way is communication and honesty, as i said longer you leave it the harder it gets and the more you feel trapped.
MissHero
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by flyingpig)
its not like i want one or the other. im jus guna b friends wit Greg now- hes guna gelp me relearn french via email
I'd say you'd do better working on the English before you progress any further
flyingpig
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissHero)
I'd say you'd do better working on the English before you progress any further
Why are there people who always feel the need to insult u at every opportunity? Theres nuting wrong with my English- im a grade A A level student. i write shorthand cos im lazy and i make mistakes cos i type rly fast. whoat dus that have to do wit my post?
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well text talk is not always easy to read
flyingpig
Rep:
?
Sorry I'l try to keep it full from now on. But as for the mistakes- I'll apologise now!!
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ahhhh, damn cheaters.

Come clean. I'm sure he'll want to know. I would.
dh00001
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Carl1982)
Well text talk is not always easy to read
and its against the rules :p:
flyingpig
Rep:
?
(Original post by dh00001)
and its against the rules :p:
Ooh is it? i never knew that. so how much shortening of words is permitted?
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
its not permitted at all as far as i am aware
dh00001
Report 12 years ago
i imagine the occasional accidental lapse is over looked but excessive use wouldnt be
flyingpig
Rep:
?
Well cheers you guys for that. I don't really know what to do now. Im sat at my computer obsessively waiting for this guy to email me- which could be pretty hard since he's in greece. i even went to the library today to get a book out on french so i can reteach myself. do u think i should finish with my bf now or wait until iv gotten over the french dude just in case its that thats making me feel differently towards my boyfriend?
MissHero
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by flyingpig)
Why are there people who always feel the need to insult u at every opportunity? Theres nuting wrong with my English- im a grade A A level student. i write shorthand cos im lazy and i make mistakes cos i type rly fast. whoat dus that have to do wit my post?

Sorry :p:
Anyway, your problem... who knows about what happened on your holiday? If you can be sure that it won't get back to your boyfriend, I'd recommend that you finish with him and don't tell him. I've read all the "tell him" posts, and if you were intending to continue with the relationship then of course I'd advocate telling the truth, but if you're ending it anyway, is it really necessary to hurt him even more by telling him? I know that honesty is normally the best policy, but sometimes a little tact and discretion is kinder.
flyingpig
Rep:
?
I think my boyfriends starting to notice something is up because I move away everytime he tries to touch me. I don't want to finish with him now as it'l be awkward as iv still got to work with him for over a month until i go to uni. on the other hand I don't want to pretend that everythings ok when it clearly isn't. help!
dh00001
Report 12 years ago
end it now, stringing him along will only hurt him more.
R1chyP
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Carl1982)
yeah thats the problem unfortunatly with a 10 year gap especially when your say only 18 for example he's 28 and when you met you;d be 15 he'd be 25, course your feelings do change more at your age.
You're a genius you lad!

Haha just kidding buddy.
jess850
Report 12 years ago
yeh, end it as soon as poss, i dunno i think it might be best to avoid the complete truth. not that im for lyign, but no need to hurt him more than necessary, if i was in his situation i prob would prefer not to have known (wlel not right away at least). tell him that while u were away u realised that ur feelings had changed, that u still loved him but the spark had gone. and that it would be best for both of u since u were going to uni anyway. if hes still not letting u go, then ull have to tell him u met someone briefly on holiday.
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just say it's a long distance thing. No need to hurt your boyfriend if he hasn't done anything specifically wrong - it sounds like you're just not in love with him anymore, so just part amiably.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by R1chyP)
You're a genius you lad!

Haha just kidding buddy.

lol i know hehee, back on the topic seriously finish it now
pendragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The white lie is kinder, what would the point in telling him you cheated? You would just be hurting him more to make yourself feel better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1373)
79.55%
Leave (353)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise