Is Nasrallah a terrorist? Watch

Poll: Is Sheikh Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah, a terrorist?
Yes, and I'm Christian, and center-left to left politically. (6)
4.55%
Yes, and I'm Christian, and center-right to right politically. (11)
8.33%
Yes, and I'm Muslim, and center-left to left politically. (0)
0%
Yes, and I'm Muslim, and center-right to right politically. (5)
3.79%
Yes, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-left to left politically. (20)
15.15%
Yes, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-right to right politically. (23)
17.42%
Yes, and I'm Jewish, and center-left to left politically. (5)
3.79%
Yes, and I'm Jewish, and center-right to right politically. (7)
5.3%
No, and I'm Christian, and center-left to left politically. (4)
3.03%
No, and I'm Christian, and center-right to right politically. (3)
2.27%
No, and I'm Muslim, and center-left to left politically. (11)
8.33%
No, and I'm Muslim, and center-right to right politically. (16)
12.12%
No, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-left to left politically. (12)
9.09%
No, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-right to right politically. (4)
3.03%
No, and I'm Jewish, and center-left to left politically. (1)
0.76%
No, and I'm Jewish, and center-right to right politically. (4)
3.03%
he-man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
people like me,
what the hell do you know about me.

to play your game, people like you shoot first and ask q's later...
Nefarious
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Two consecutive posts and still you refuse to answer the question. You are in denial.

EDIT: One of the posts was removed presumably because it was full of insults.
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wouldn't have ****ed up my voting had there been a more sensible number of options.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What do you want me to change it to?
Nefarious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
An interesting thing one of the two people who voted for the no (right wing) Jewish option one is a Muslim and one has 0 posts.
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
to yes please (obviously)

and i'm agnostic of jewish descent so what does that make me?
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nefarious)
I take it you didn't actually listen to what he said, but just read the link. Nasrallah didn't mention the west once what he did talk about was how killing yourself to destroy the enemies of Allah was the best way to die. I'll quote him for you.

"The most honourable death is by killing, and the most honorable killing and the most glorious matyrdom is when a man is killed for the sake of Allah"

If that isn't endorsing suicide bombings I don't know what is.
This quote ^ does not talk of self-killing. Rather it talks of martyrdom due to being killed by reason of one's faith.

The Christian Church has many martyrs who died for their faith and for the sake of God. If that is acceptable to us, then what Nasrallah has said in this quote should be too.
Nefarious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
This quote ^ does not talk of self-killing. Rather it talks of martyrdom due to being killed by reason of one's faith.

The Christian Church has many martyrs who died for their faith and for the sake of God. If that is acceptable to us, then what Nasrallah has said in this quote should be too.

"The most honourable death is by killing"

That sounds fairly self explanatory to me.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
I wouldn't have ****ed up my voting had there been a more sensible number of options.
I prefer this style, it gives more info on who's actually voting for what.

And he-man, you can hardly say that nobody made a fuss over how hurricane Katrina & New Orleans (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to when you say natural disaster) was handled. It was in the international press for weeks.
gemgems89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
An interesting thing one of the two people who voted for the no (right wing) Jewish option one is a Muslim and one has 0 posts.
Ha - that is really quite desperate/pathetic/low.
ForeverIsMyName
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
The quote in your sig is quite apt, I believe.
Nefarious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Ha - that is really quite desperate/pathetic/low.
As "Benchmark" still has no posts and his only apparent activity has been to vote in this poll it's probably the case that it's an account created by Watford specifically for the purpose. Now that is really sad.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
"The most honourable death is by killing"

That sounds fairly self explanatory to me.
You are taking it out of context, Nef.

"The most honourable death is by killing, and the most honorable killing and the most glorious matyrdom is when a man is killed for the sake of Allah"

Nasrallah is saying that a death is more honourable if it results from killing - ie not from accident nor illness - and more so if it is carried out for the sake of Allah.

I drew a comparison with Christian martyrdom, which is perfectly valid.
Nefarious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
You are taking it out of context, Nef.

Nasrallah is saying that a death is more honourable if it results from killing - ie not from accident nor illness - and more so if it is carried out for the sake of Allah.

I drew a comparison with Christian martyrdom, which is perfectly valid.

Your point would be valid if he had said the most honourable death is by being killed. But he specifically stated that if your death caused other people to die then it was the most honorable.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As "Benchmark" still has no posts and his only apparent activity has been to vote in this poll it's probably the case that it's an account created by Watford specifically for the purpose. Now that is really sad.
Perhaps. But it wasn't Benchmark's vote that bothered me (if you're wrong that is - maybe a mod should investigate?) It's Watford's. Yet if he created an account specifically then that makes it even worse. Eugh.
Nefarious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Perhaps. But it wasn't Benchmark's vote that bothered me (if you're wrong that is - maybe a mod should investigate?) It's Watford's. Yet if he created an account specifically then that makes it even worse. Eugh.
Actually "Benchmark" is voting in all the Israel related polls. If it isn't watford it's definitely someone like him using it as a voting machine.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
Your point would be valid if he had said the most honourable death is by being killed. But he specifically stated that if your death caused other people to die then it was the most honorable.
That is what he said - the most honorable death is by being killed. I read no inference in his quote that suggests your latter interpretation.

He is talking about the one being killed, not the one doing the killing.

This is getting a little ridiculous now - bring in the critical analysis of English text!
Nefarious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
No he didn't - not in that quote.

He is talking about the one being killed, not the one doing the killing.
I beg to differ but hey.

This is getting a little ridiculous now - bring in the critical analysis of English text!
Absolutely especially since he wasn't talking in english at the time and even more so given the number of other things he's said which are far more clear cut. The only reason I chose that one is because I knew where there was a video of him saying it.
yawn
Report 12 years ago

Absolutely especially since he wasn't talking in english at the time and even more so given the number of other things he's said which are far more clear cut. The only reason I chose that one is because I knew where there was a video of him saying it.
So the quote was an interpretative translation then?

That makes it even more dodgy.

Have you never found that people from different cultures come across in a different way to us by the very fact of language differences?

I know many people from varying cultures who have been accused of all sorts of insensitivities and perceived aggressiveness by our indigenous population because of these cultural differences.

You only have to go as far as Wales or Scotland (or even north of the Thames) to see evidence of this happening.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.21%
No (321)
73.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise